Your favourite fish

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your favourite fish that you own and why? Personality, Behaviour, Beauty. Tell me all about your favourite fishy friend My favourite is my Domino Damsel! He is a jerk and only shares a tank with a chalk goby. But he just has the best personality! Always keeps me on my toes! He also recently starting hosting my first anemone which is really great to watch! He thinks he’s a shark in a tiny fish body and honestly I find him amusing hahah!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Mandarin Dragonet that eats like a horse. Copepods, blood worms, brine, mysis - you name it - it's developed a taste for it! We've almost got it to the point where we can also hand feed it, which is cool. Just a very laid back, chill fish. Because he eats frozen we can also keep him in a smaller 25 gallon tank (which would otherwise be far too small to support a healthy copepod population).

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skunk Tile Fish

Tons of personality and extremely smart! Do well in pairs or more and are not aggressive in my experience with them. Only issue is they are picky eaters when you first get them.
I have never had any kind of tile fish but they do seem very interesting to keep! They’re definitely a fish I would consider in the future :))

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your favourite fish that you own and why? Personality, Behaviour, Beauty. Tell me all about your favourite fishy friend My favourite is my Domino Damsel! He is a jerk and only shares a tank with a chalk goby. But he just has the best personality! Always keeps me on my toes! He also recently starting hosting my first anemone which is really great to watch! He thinks he’s a shark in a tiny fish body and honestly I find him amusing hahah!
I like juvenile domino damsels. I find the adults aren't nearly as interesting looking. I do like the sounds that they make.

Despite my username, my favorite fish is probably the engineer goby. It is interesting to watch a small group of them growing to adulthood with all of the behavioral changes and changes in appearance. They also have fascinating behavior in the wild.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's two
The color and movement
IMG_0001.JPG

The clown is the alpha. She rules the tank. I love how she cares for the bta
20201123_203915.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banded leporinus. Not only is it beautiful, but it’s also just awesome in personality!
He seems to be always thinking, waiting for the next move of you and his tankmates. One of the meanest fish I’ve owned too.
image.jpg
I used to have one with a foot long Oscar and the little leo (only 7 inches at the time) was the boss hahaha

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One that I don’t own anymore but deeply regret selling was my goldflake angelfish. Got it the size of a quarter and raised it to about the size of a half dollar before it started nipping. Gorgeous fish with an awesome personality. I will certainly buy another at some point

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would be my juvenile marine betta. I got him at the beginning of the year, and he was roughly the size of a fairy wrasse.

He's an oddly good eater for a marine betta, taking food directly from my hand, and even eating sinking pellets meant for the other fish.

While they are usually shy, mine comes right to the front of the tank to greet me, and might be the only fish in my reef that truly recognizes and interacts with me.
(Please excuse the photobombing hawkfish)
16083251672197494719717752826811.jpg

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Mandarin Dragonet that eats like a horse. Copepods, blood worms, brine, mysis - you name it - it's developed a taste for it! We've almost got it to the point where we can also hand feed it, which is cool. Just a very laid back, chill fish. Because he eats frozen we can also keep him in a smaller 25 gallon tank (which would otherwise be far too small to support a healthy copepod population).
I have a Ruby Red Dragonet feeding frozen and although I am trying but had not much success so fare establish pods in my tank.
He is a beautiful fish though

Attachments

• 75260BB1-23C9-4965-A4CB-60D8A9F11B77.jpeg
    75260BB1-23C9-4965-A4CB-60D8A9F11B77.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 55

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back