OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would be my juvenile marine betta. I got him at the beginning of the year, and he was roughly the size of a fairy wrasse.

He's an oddly good eater for a marine betta, taking food directly from my hand, and even eating sinking pellets meant for the other fish.

While they are usually shy, mine comes right to the front of the tank to greet me, and might be the only fish in my reef that truly recognizes and interacts with me.
(Please excuse the photobombing hawkfish)
16083251672197494719717752826811.jpg
Such a stunner! I am going to get one at some point for sure

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a stunner! I am going to get one at some point for sure
Thank you! I hunted far and wide for a captive bred individual. They can be hard to find, but totally worth it. None of the issues with feeding or shyness that the wild caught ones have.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have one with a foot long Oscar and the little leo (only 7 inches at the time) was the boss hahaha
That’s awesome. Mine has quite the history. I got him when he was a mere 2” fish at the LFS (I used to have three in a tank with pacu but eventually gave them away). He lived in the community tank for a while, until he just got far too aggressive. He was about 6-7” at that time. That’s also when I had a 2” piranha (named Thanos) growing out in the community tank. The plan was to eventually move them into their own tank, but it was still cycling. However, we had to throw them in early as they became quite the duo of havoc, much quicker than expected. For about a year, they lived together as two lonely fish in a large tank. Multiple tankmates were attempted, but Thanos saw to it that none survived long. The only one with the ability and strength to survive was that leporinus. Eventually, the leporinus tried his luck with fighting the piranha (who was around 6” at that point, the leporinus 8”) and lost his right eye. I for sure thought the piranha would finish him, but fate looked in the leporinus’s favor, and the piranha mysteriously died, for no reason (I’m still confused on that one.) Now, the leporinus is the king of the tank. Without the piranha, it is now a cichlid tank, with a Jack Dempsey, Parrot, Convict, and many other fish. The leporinus is the boss around that tank, and has a great personality!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love clownfish :) I grew up watching Finding Nemo, so its almost an instinctual love now XD i love how simple and hardy they are, but at the same time they have lots of personality. I would like to have a tang one day, or a puffer, because I know that they are basically underwater dogs with SOO much personality. Total derps from what Ive heard lol.

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love clownfish :) I grew up watching Finding Nemo, so its almost an instinctual love now XD i love how simple and hardy they are, but at the same time they have lots of personality. I would like to have a tang one day, or a puffer, because I know that they are basically underwater dogs with SOO much personality. Total derps from what Ive heard lol.
I used to have a v puffer - he was like a little water dog hahah!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. I think I have to go with my Lawnmower blenny for personality. I have had 2 and the first was similar. Just funny to watch. He loves irritating the talbot damsels and riding on the veggie clip. Such a pig too.

For beauty it is my new young ear muff wrasse. She is very bold and out all the time. Comes to see me when I am at the tank. Plus, I got her at 1" and she is now almost 3" and I am so attached.

Of course, I love watching my clowns take care of their nems. Just amazing to watch them bring them food and settle around them, clean them. Really neat.

Sigmund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love all my Jawfish.

Attachments

• 286C1DC6-7DD4-4317-8C0A-8D47616BF659.jpeg
    286C1DC6-7DD4-4317-8C0A-8D47616BF659.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 25
  • A97B0B2A-EDA6-4F24-AB53-9293FB8A351D.jpeg
    A97B0B2A-EDA6-4F24-AB53-9293FB8A351D.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2DD97B98-7DDE-40CF-B99F-C64B4CD464F1.jpeg
    2DD97B98-7DDE-40CF-B99F-C64B4CD464F1.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 27

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back