Your fish with the most personality

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was drawn to saltwater for two reasons: the amazing colors and the fact that the fish have personality.

My tank is progressing and it seems like a good time to poll the community. This isn't another typical favorite fish thread. I want to know what fish that you have had featured the best, most fun personality? A description of what made it fun would be awesome.

My entry won't be too unique, but my orange Ocellaris Clown "Caitlyn" is the Lassie of my tank. Any time a coral has fallen, a crab is stuck, or another fish is up to no good, she gets my attention and points it out. She's a little tattle tail, but it's super cute...and helpful.

blgr9qA.jpg

My wife loves our Midas Blenny "Fatty". He just sits in his rock until food comes by and then he's like a fat kid on a cupcake. He gets waaaay too excited that food is around. It's quite funny. She named him well.

SbxvXFC.jpg

Please throw your experience my way.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread! I have to say my favorite fish was my Molly miller blenny, so much much personality!!

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks have always been around 3 or 4 feet from the foot of my bed. Just surrounded by these things. Anyways, the tangs I've had have always had the most personality. The timer for the lights was set for about 9 am and once I woke up at 9:15 that tang is eyeballing me from about 4 feet away. What's up! :D

Flashy Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My midas blenny acts just the same with food, practically jumping out of the tank at the sight of the container and biting the pipette as I squirt food in. He has the most personality of all my fish.

Runner up is my yellow clown goby, who is very bold and curious for such a small guy. I can always spot him across the room, watching me like a hawkfish and dancing around at times.

My fish with the least amount of personality is an exquisite firefish. He's pretty, but honestly, he's only as entertaining to watch as a goldfish. He mostly hovers with a blank stare and rarely interacts with other fish or me.

OP
OP
jsbull

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread! I have to say my favorite fish was my Molly miller blenny, so much much personality!!

Man, those things look funny. If they have personality to match that face, it's probably a riot. What were its habits that were so entertaining?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a solar wrasse that would hang out with my hand when I messed in the tank. He would just come hang. I had to be careful if moving anything cuz he was right there. He sat in my hand while dying. By that I mean he came into my outstretched hand a bit before death and let me hold him.

My female clown goby was a hoot too. Bold and funny.

My engineer goby is funny too. Always out to say hi when I need a word. Or feeding.

However, by far any of my clowns. They are just the best to watch interact.

Although my yellow tang makes me laugh when he chases himself, freaks out at the nori clip, and flicks his tail at the chromis.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, those things look funny. If they have personality to match that face, it's probably a riot. What were its habits that were so entertaining?
He comes up and looks at me like ... Ok what's next! And just the Way he hangs out , litarly. :D

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, tough call. I have four wrasses that eat from my hand (from inside my hand). But my favorite has to be my CBB. He follows me around like a puppy anytime I'm near the tank.

Video is a few months old. The Pintail and Flame wrasse are the other two pets but weren't in the tank then.

OP
OP
jsbull

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, tough call. I have four wrasses that eat from my hand (from inside my hand). But my favorite has to be my CBB. He follows me around like a puppy anytime I'm near the tank.

I didn't think any butterflies were reef safe. Do you not have issues with the CBB picking at your corals?

Also, awesome video!

shollis2814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My percula clown is a punk. He nips at everything (including my hand) that goes in the tank. He will grab a plastic cleaning sponge and shake his head back and forth like a dog.

My lantern bass (newest addition) is replacing the hawkfish as my favorite bottom dwelling/perching species. Very curious and inquisitive and can hold its own with the gramma and percula.

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a naoko that would come up to let anyone(my daughter and i) literally pet his side and dance around there hand when in tank .....but he was found on the tile floor thanksgiving morning : (

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My percula clown is a punk. He nips at everything (including my hand) that goes in the tank.
Yup! My clownfish, Jaws, is a real jerk. She bites me in the webbing between my fingers every chance she gets. I thought we turned a corner when I got this new tank, but no. She's still just as mean again. She's 6, so I don't think she's gonna cut me any slack for the next 14 years.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back