Your fish with the most personality

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my first tank, my Scopas Tang was my favorite. Right now, I have 5 new fish, I have to say my favorite so far is my One Spot Foxface, he's still in QT and he already eats food from my hand. He and the Starry Blenny (also a lot of personality, love his face) that is in with him are a couple of fatties, they think I need to feed them as soon as they see me.

OP
OP
jsbull

jsbull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a naoko that would come up to let anyone(my daughter and i) literally pet his side and dance around there hand when in tank .....but he was found on the tile floor thanksgiving morning : (

That's a real bummer. A couple of weeks after my tank was up and cycled, I left the lid off for about 20 minutes while I grabbed a quick bite. When I came back, one of my clowns was on the floor. It seriously ruined my night and I'm still sad about it.

I'm now paranoid about keeping the top on it whenever possible, or at least being by it so I can see or hear if something makes a jump for it.

dewboy1127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a real bummer. A couple of weeks after my tank was up and cycled, I left the lid off for about 20 minutes while I grabbed a quick bite. When I came back, one of my clowns was on the floor. It seriously ruined my night and I'm still sad about it.

I'm now paranoid about keeping the top on it whenever possible, or at least being by it so I can see or hear if something makes a jump for it.
Yeah it sux ... my screen top was on all night dont even know how got out...before i had a top i stepped on one of my clowns one morning that was the deciding factor for the top

E048

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My copperband in my larger tank will eat from my hand same as the naso

My smaller tank it has to be the kole tang and the clownfish they used to host the sump outlet then they hosted a suction cup that fell in one day so they're the weirdest fish

ejazzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think any butterflies were reef safe. Do you not have issues with the CBB picking at your corals?

Also, awesome video!
x2 I want one but I'm scared it will be a mistake...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pyramids are completely reef safe. CBB and Longnose are somewhat reef safe. They will still nip at clams and possibly zoas.

omykiss001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
x2 I want one but I'm scared it will be a mistake...

Biggest worry with CBB is any decorative worms. They love worms. Never seem mine so much as look at the coral unless it has a tube worm on it.

He is my favorite fish, so much personality and the most peaceful get along with everyone fish I have.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest worry with CBB is any decorative worms. They love worms. Never seem mine so much as look at the coral unless it has a tube worm on it.

He is my favorite fish, so much personality and the most peaceful get along with everyone fish I have.

+1 You just reminded me that my last CBB would sample a little escargot every now & then as well. They can't help it, that snout just fits so well inside a snail shell. ;) Although one time (at band camp ;)) a CBB I had tried to eat a hermit, and the hermit got a hold of his mouth and he never tried that again. :D

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mandarin is the most beautiful, but for personality I love the diamond goby and the ruby red dragonet. I watch the diamond goby eating sand and imagine he's unthrilled with his station in life, grumbling and eating sand because he must [emoji4]

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think any butterflies were reef safe. Do you not have issues with the CBB picking at your corals?

Also, awesome video!

Thanks!

Like Humblefish said, butterflies from the Hemitaurichthys genus(pyramid and zoster are the only two I know of) are planktavores and considered reef safe. My CBB hasn't shown any interest in corals or inverts. It will look at snails that are fallen over but I've never seen him try to eat them. I don't have tube worms, even though I would really like some. It's the only down side to keeping a CBB but to me it's well worth it.

frogman_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, awesome video!
5c43adc5fabd32a9fa1a319e4b923eb2.jpg

My CBB has cleared all my aptasia! It eats and NPS, Nem, or feather duster I had in my tank. So I just don't add those. I removed a few corals and gave them away, but my CBB is awesome! I like how the above comment talked about the CBB following them like a puppy. Mine does the same.

Renee180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personality wise mine would have to be my maroon clown. She has grown to be about 5" now and fat, but you can't put anything in the tank, she will rip it to the ground. She will move / push rocks around to her liking, big rocks! I don't know how she can move things 10x her size! She attacks me too! Nope, not my favorite, that would have to be my purple tang, Lily, she is my little puppy dog:)

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personality wise mine would have to be my maroon clown. She has grown to be about 5" now and fat, but you can't put anything in the tank, she will rip it to the ground. She will move / push rocks around to her liking, big rocks! I don't know how she can move things 10x her size! She attacks me too! Nope, not my favorite, that would have to be my purple tang, Lily, she is my little puppy dog:)

I have a goldflake maroon with the same attitude problem. Watching her bully and shove her mate around would be funny had she not killed her previous mate. And my purple tang Wu is the puppy dog as well. Kudos!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back