YWG hunting at night???

  • Thread starter Thread starter becks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

becks

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
815
Reaction score
547
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like to monitor my pod population and check out my corals at night during total darkness and I use a very dim light...enough to get nightmares from the size of some of the amphipods that are roaming around my tank and this evening I noticed my yellownwatchman goby slowly moving round the sandbed in his white colour pattern. During the day he's in his cave popping out and feeding as normal, but it's the first time I've caught him having a midnight snack and was wondering if it's a normal behaviour.

On a side note I saw a marine Betta in my lfs about 2.5" and it was absoutly stunning...photos do them no justice
 
Not normal behavior. My ywg/pistol shrimp seal themselves inside their burrow every night. Close up every entrance with sand.
 
Could be your ywg is hungry and can't get enough food during the day. What other fish do you have?
 
Two clowns smallish clowns, peacock wrasse, coral beauty, scooter blenny, I over feed. It only happened the other night....maybe I startled him and did not realise
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new