Zeolite + NPS?

monicalooze

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2020
Messages
264
Reaction score
256
Location
Minneapolis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if any of you NPS experts out there have ever employed Zeolite in your tanks? My sponges are doing great, the purple whip gorg is always puffy and open, but the yellow finger gorg has been temperamental, and I suspect it's a result of too many dissolved organics in the water. Given the way Zeolite works, I thought it might be worth a shot as filtration media to help with keeping water quality pristine. I know it's very powerful, so I would use a very small amount to start and keep a close eye on nutrient parameters. Going to use Aquaforest because it doesn't need a reactor.

I also plan to add pacific oysters a la Dr. Dendrostein (It won't let me tag him, so if anyone else can in the comments, please do.)
 
Not an NPS expert, but I do run Nyos Zeo in a reactor on my system which has a nice sun coral colony. It's a really new coral (<2 weeks), so I can't say if it's having a benefit yet or not (one way or the other).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new