Zero Nitrate & Phosphate readings, what now?

Do you suggest I keep dosing my daily amount of N & P? To keep the range of 1-3 and 0.02-0.05. I'f I don't dose they will bottom at 0 N & 0.02 P pretty quick.

I don't know the best way to deal with turf algae. It is likely not by nutrient control, but I've never really looked into that specific issue.
If you have not already done so, I'd start a new thread in the main forum on turf algae issues.

That said, I personally would like to continue to see detectable Na nd P unless it is for a short term treatment regimen for the turf algae.
 
I have ocean level no3 and po4 and algae would take over my tank if I did not have things to eat it. Urchins, snails, crabs, etc. If you get lucky, maybe a fish will eat your type of algae - less rare than common, unfortunately. You could need hundreds of snails and half a dozen urchins depending on the tank and the issue - if you do start another thread, I am sure that you will get some good help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new