OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh right. I thought it was a specific issue with RSCP. I haven had to use any treatment on my fish that have gone through QT -- very fortunate so far. I know a lot of people use prazipro regardless of whether the fish has an issue. How do you treat with it?

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh right. I thought it was a specific issue with RSCP. I haven had to use any treatment on my fish that have gone through QT -- very fortunate so far. I know a lot of people use prazipro regardless of whether the fish has an issue. How do you treat with it?

Yep . Use it regardless . I almost never order fish and purchase them locally . I take a bottle with me add a few drops to the bag .
If I forgot the bottle, I add it to the bag during acclimation . Net the fish out n toss the water .

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice photos of the SPS. I'm slightly confused, are the SPS in the Envision tank with the halide?

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice photos of the SPS. I'm slightly confused, are the SPS in the Envision tank with the halide?

Thanks, Sahin. Yes, you're right, the sps are all in the Envision under the halide. Thanks for checking in!

Just cant beat the rimless look. Nice setup ya got there!

Thank you very much Zack. I agree, I really like the rimless on both tanks.

Sorry for the lack of picture updates. I'll let you know though, it's not for lack of effort. I've been trying to take pictures, but haven't been too happy with how they're turning out. Headin out of town again -- this time just for the day -- but I'll hopefully have time tonight to try another photo shoot.

Have a great day everyone!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the new trio!

DSC_8247_zps4412d5a4.jpg

(actually it was originally a 4-pack but one jumped on the first day :()

More pictures to follow tomorrow morning, I need to get some sleep!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, no Ritteri and not planning on any anemones in the Envision, but two took a ride down the overflow on the first day. I found one in the sump's 2nd chamber and one inside the stand under the aquarium.

Here are some more pictures of the Bartlett's Anthias:

DSC_8347_zps7663797d.jpg

DSC_8332_zpsa6fea478.jpg

DSC_8349_zpsc38baad5.jpg

DSC_8262_zps7d1c3de6.jpg

DSC_8263_zps8d0eb7fc.jpg

DSC_8239_zpsb1a5f83a.jpg

This one didn't turn out that sharp, but it's too funny not to share. It's a picture of the Royal Gramma (who's still pretty beat up) protecting his little nook from the newly introduced anthias:

DSC_8310_zps330b118a.jpg

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you take sharp pics! I wish! That RG looks like it's ready to attack! Great pics!

Bartlett's are my favorites in the realm of Anthias. There's just something about them... They're as dumb as a goldfish, though. LOL!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you take sharp pics! I wish! That RG looks like it's ready to attack! Great pics!

Bartlett's are my favorites in the realm of Anthias. There's just something about them... They're as dumb as a goldfish, though. LOL!

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment! My favorite are anthias ventralis but they're tough to come by. I've never had Bartlett's before but you're right, they act like prettier goldfish. Crazy fast swimmers though! It's fun to watch them cruise around together and, since they're dither fish, they seem to entice the RG and orchid dottyback to come out more often.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, awesome pics of the anthias.. but even better pic of the RG. just watch the anthias though. I started with four Bartlett's a while back too and they were good for about 6-8 months but started pickin' off the weakest one of the bunch. I still had three when I started converting the tank to a clownfish/nem tank. good luck with them.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for the heads-up and compliments Marvin!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy dance is in order! But first let me preface this a little bit -- and I realize that I'm probably sharing too much information with people I've never personally met -- but my reef tank (and hobbies generally) were always a point of contention in my past relationship. It wasn't the reason we broke up, but it certainly didn't help matters. So, with that said, I need to share a little exchange today between my GF (who I've mentioned previously in this thread) and I.

First off, we've been together since the start of this project and she's always been very supportive, although she's stood back and mostly just observed. Recently, she's been coming to the LFSs with me more and more and has willingly helped with water changes, testing and acclimation. She genuinely wants to learn and is fascinated by everything that goes on with the tank. I know, I know -- I'm dragging this out and bragging a little bit -- but hear me out. My GF called this afternoon and said, "there are some more diatoms showing up and I think we need to boost up the clean-up-crew, can I go get some nassarius snails?" My jaw dropped and my smile just got bigger and bigger. It was a pivotal moment -- she's a reefer! I'm sure if we all thought back, we could remember a single moment when we became hooked.

Anyway, she went to the LFS on her own to pick up the snails and was sending me pictures via phone of corals she thought would be cool to add. All said and done, she bought 15 more nassarius sails, drip acclimated them and added 10 to the Envision and 5 to the ADA -- all on her own. We're heading out of town tomorrow for a few days of skiing so hopefully everything will hold up alright while we're gone.

G'night all,
Z

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy dance is in order! But first let me preface this a little bit -- and I realize that I'm probably sharing too much information with people I've never personally met -- but my reef tank (and hobbies generally) were always a point of contention in my past relationship. It wasn't the reason we broke up, but it certainly didn't help matters. So, with that said, I need to share a little exchange today between my GF (who I've mentioned previously in this thread) and I.

First off, we've been together since the start of this project and she's always been very supportive, although she's stood back and mostly just observed. Recently, she's been coming to the LFSs with me more and more and has willingly helped with water changes, testing and acclimation. She genuinely wants to learn and is fascinated by everything that goes on with the tank. I know, I know -- I'm dragging this out and bragging a little bit -- but hear me out. My GF called this afternoon and said, "there are some more diatoms showing up and I think we need to boost up the clean-up-crew, can I go get some nassarius snails?" My jaw dropped and my smile just got bigger and bigger. It was a pivotal moment -- she's a reefer! I'm sure if we all thought back, we could remember a single moment when we became hooked.

Anyway, she went to the LFS on her own to pick up the snails and was sending me pictures via phone of corals she thought would be cool to add. All said and done, she bought 15 more nassarius sails, drip acclimated them and added 10 to the Envision and 5 to the ADA -- all on her own. We're heading out of town tomorrow for a few days of skiing so hopefully everything will hold up alright while we're gone.

G'night all,
Z
happy dance for sure! have fun on the trip man. :)

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Awesome!

Also, enjoy the trip, bro! Have a blast!

Leo <-- likes snowboarding :)

Will do. Heading to Mammoth Mountain -- they've gotten rocked this year with snow so hopefully the conditions are good. She's a snowboarded, I'm a skier. I've tried snowboarding and it's pretty fun, but I'm a much better skier (been on the twin skinny sticks since I was 3-years old), so it's hard to go out to the mountain and sit back on the bunny hill learning when I could be out "shreddin' the pow" (as they kids say these days). I'll still be checking in on my phone -- so keep your updates coming Leo! :)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lucky man, my wife is the anti reefer. Have fun skiing, hopefully I can make it up to Sunrise this year sometime. They should be getting some new snow tomorrow.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back