OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drool over these photos on Flickr but just now realized I never visited your thread. Tank looks great and the photography is top notch!

I've noticed more and more tanks lately living with AEFW. Your corals look so good you might consider going that route.

I can say the same thing about following your flickr thread! :) I get all the highlights so I always forget to actually check in to see how things are going behind the scenes. Really appreciate the compliment!

I've seen a few local tanks that look great and they've have AEFWs for sometime. While certainly not an ideal situation, I think it's just something I'm going to live with for a bit longer before making any big decisions.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm 5-days into AcroPower and I must say that I'm very impressed so far. At first I noticed increased polyp extension on the acans, then the hammers and duncans, then zoas started looking happier and now many of the SPS are showing increased PE. SPS have shown pretty good PE in these tanks so I wasn't expecting a huge difference, but I can certainly say it's noticeable and I'll continue to try and document it for all of you.

Here are a few examples:

Before (Picture taken 11.25.2013)

RR Led Zeppelin by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

After (today, 5-days into AP; and, yes, it's a very slow grower)

Reef Raft Led Zeppelin by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Before (photo taken 1.13.2013)

Oregon Tort by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

After (today, 5-days into AP -- I don't see a big difference in this one)

Oregon Tort + RR Frogger Acro by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

I don't have comparable before pictures of these but they're good exemplars for the PE I'm seeing and I can assure you it's more than they were normally showing:

Cherry Blossom Acro by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Midnight Stag by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

NaCl Tort by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

These zoas are looking about as good as ever in my tank:

Capitan America, X-Man, Miami Vice Zoas by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These aren't comparison shots but I took them tonight and figured I'd share:

Really hard to get the color right on this one because of the location, but the yellow hammer is really beautiful. We picked it up at Reef-a-Palooza in October. Wish I could have gotten the peach hammer in this picture too.

Green Hammer + Yellow Hammer by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Moved a rock of Salsa mushrooms into the Envision, first softies! Eek...they're holding up well though.

Salsa Mushrooms by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Back to the ADA -- the Red Hornets were recently added and are still adjusting to the light:

Blue Hornets, Red Hornets, & Miagi Tort by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Few more new additions to the ADA:

(L) Blue Rhino & (R) Chucky's Bride Zoas by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

This one is getting much nicer and looks like a 4th mouth might be forming:

Sexy Coral's My Sexy Chalice by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Plates are doing well:

DSC_6896.jpg by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

DSC_6894.jpg by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Favias are growing:

Reef Raft Princess Favia by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

PROP Faviano Insano by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Hope you like the new pics!

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kwoww's ADA get all the attention but the Envision is coming along pretty darn nice too! Here's a shot of the right side:

Envision Deep Waters by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

SPS front-back:
Tyree Setosa
Wild Aussie Red Planet-look-a-like
WWC Red Dragon
Strawberry Shortcake
RR Purple Derp
RR The Phuong
ORA Hawkins

What species are the guys on the right? They are very nice.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species are the guys on the right? They are very nice.

They're both Trachyphyllia geoffroyi, I believe. Behind those on frag plugs are: Jason Fox Jack-o-Lantern Lepto and Reef Raft's Falling Horizon's Lepto.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still mad I didn't buy the sister half to that yellow hammer.

The SC My Sexy is looking better and better; also mad I didn't pick up some of those deals. :p

I still think the branching tentacles on the orange plate is kinda wild; not sure what to make of that.

I thought there was a designation between Trachyphyllia radiata and geoffroyi, but now I only see geoffroyi in the coral encyclopedia. Perhaps that's no more? Tomato potato, or something.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just keep inspiring us!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still mad I didn't buy the sister half to that yellow hammer.

The SC My Sexy is looking better and better; also mad I didn't pick up some of those deals. :p

I still think the branching tentacles on the orange plate is kinda wild; not sure what to make of that.

I thought there was a designation between Trachyphyllia radiata and geoffroyi, but now I only see geoffroyi in the coral encyclopedia. Perhaps that's no more? Tomato potato, or something.

It's a nice hammer for sure but not the only one...I'm sure you can fine one just as nice or better. But regardless, where are you going to put it?! Your moon coral will sting it!

I really like the orange plate too. Not sure what causes the forking or if it's just some morph. Cool either way though.

You're more clued in on taxonomy than I am. I just recently stopped calling them wellsos. I like garlic mashed potatoes.

Just keep inspiring us!

Thanks Rev!

Last edited:

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These aren't comparison shots but I took them tonight and figured I'd share:

Really hard to get the color right on this one because of the location, but the yellow hammer is really beautiful. We picked it up at Reef-a-Palooza in October. Wish I could have gotten the peach hammer in this picture too.

Green Hammer + Yellow Hammer by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Moved a rock of Salsa mushrooms into the Envision, first softies! Eek...they're holding up well though.

Salsa Mushrooms by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

Back to the ADA -- the Red Hornets were recently added and are still adjusting to the light:

Blue Hornets, Red Hornets, & Miagi Tort by ..:.. EZ ..:.., on Flickr

No wonder someone I don't want to mention started asking me for hornets to be added to their frag pack .It's your fault lol. Great pics like always. Keep them coming. those plates are siiicckkk!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOLOLOL! You found me out!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wonder someone I don't want to mention started asking me for hornets to be added to their frag pack .It's your fault lol. Great pics like always. Keep them coming. those plates are siiicckkk!!!

LOLOLOL! You found me out!

Busted rofl! Stop looking at awesome pics of zoas you know eventually you will ask for something I don't have rofl!

Y'all are too funny. Thanks for the compliments! I doubt I'll ever find a zoa that JPS doesn't already have :)

WOW!!!!! Nice photos!!

Thank you and welcome to R2R!!

I love those plate corals.

I'll try to get a picture of the red one soon too. They're all so awesome--I really enjoy feeding them too.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It been a while I checked your build out but I did it only for one reason and that is to be stunned when I log in again.
Nice build dude and love the awesome pictures..............mind blowing!

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the yellow hammer!

Thanks, same here! Definitely one of those corals that's better in person though.

It been a while I checked your build out but I did it only for one reason and that is to be stunned when I log in again.
Nice build dude and love the awesome pictures..............mind blowing!

Much appreciated D! And quite the compliment coming from a talented reefer like youself.

Kwoww was out touring some of the LFSs this afternoon and sent me a text of excitement when she found these gems....or, more specifically, Ruby Red Scooter Blennies.

Here's a cell phone pic of them acclimating that she took while I was working. They started picking on rock and in the chaeto in the qt, which has been running empty for several months. Should have plenty of pods in there for them and hopefully we'll get them trained on some sort of frozen food.

1390970529779.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back