Zoa Identification

Azhaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum and this is my first post so I apologize if there’s a different thread I should be posting on. I was just trying to inquire on what kind of zoa I currently have, I know every other zoa I have but not this one. I was hoping someone could maybe identify what kind of zoa this is? The first image is with my coral viewing lens and the second one is without a filter and my normal lights. It looks a lot fuller in the second photo but if I had to name a color it looks like a dark red/orange with little speckles around the head.

IMG_1798.jpeg IMG_1796.jpeg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum and this is my first post so I apologize if there’s a different thread I should be posting on. I was just trying to inquire on what kind of zoa I currently have, I know every other zoa I have but not this one. I was hoping someone could maybe identify what kind of zoa this is? The first image is with my coral viewing lens and the second one is without a filter and my normal lights. It looks a lot fuller in the second photo but if I had to name a color it looks like a dark red/orange with little speckles around the head.

I find all Zoas to be the same. Sure, there are frags with fancy names and often the frags have words like "designer" in front of them.

This is marketing to justify the big price tags.

You have an Orange Zoa.

Upvote 0

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They kinda look like Magicians, which grow pretty darned fast. I'd keep an eye on them in case they do the same.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Azhaag

Azhaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies everyone and apologies for not responding quickly I have been out of the country. I have attached a video and a photo with the blue lights on and in the video I show the zoas with my coral viewing glasses, maybe that will make it easier to ID? IMG_2023.jpeg

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for all the replies everyone and apologies for not responding quickly I have been out of the country. I have attached a video and a photo with the blue lights on and in the video I show the zoas with my coral viewing glasses, maybe that will make it easier to ID? IMG_2023.jpeg
These are too dark but look like gold mauls

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Azhaag

Azhaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m sorry if the photos aren’t the best I can’t find the best way to take a good photo of them under blue light.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back