Zoa Identification

Bgough526

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5406.jpg

I bought a shell that had a few polyps of utter chaos zoas on it. A few months later a new zoa that was most certainly not an utter chos sprouted a couple polyps. I have been trying to ID it to no avail. Can someone identify this zoa?
 
It is a mandarin orange. In fact I have some in my tank. I really like them. Btw I also have utter chaos.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0
Not a mandarin orange, those have a solid orange center.

You’re likely looking at a chemical romance there.

If it has blue in it then an alpha & omega.
 
Upvote 0
Mandarin oranges have orange skirts and green centers. Eagle eyes have a orange center.

So you’re not wrong, but it is a matter of how it appears in photos. Mandarin oranges’ centers are a solid yellowish-green and what you have is indeed a mandarin orange.

OP’s have a green mouth with a whiteish specking on a dark background.

Eagle eyes have a green skirt so don’t matter for this ID.

Attaching pics for reference.
9E8A2DA7-E169-48CD-A5B9-E189F00AFDF3.jpeg
5D3FBB9D-B237-4BFB-8126-1BE417FDE233.jpeg
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new