Zoanthid and Palythoa Eye Candy Thread (zoas & palys)

Isleofzoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I’m Not saying that they always Melt for no reason. There are many Zoa’s that are extremely delicate and cannot handle parameter changes at all. Will melt out with a single big Alk swing.
I think that is what happened to mine. I just got it and it was fine and I tried to increase my alkalinity because it was low and it burned out soon after. All my other zoa's and things are fine. I was concerned about a rock flower that got a bit burned due to the powder not mixing well, but its fine now.

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is what happened to mine. I just got it and it was fine and I tried to increase my alkalinity because it was low and it burned out soon after. All my other zoa's and things are fine. I was concerned about a rock flower that got a bit burned due to the powder not mixing well, but its fine now.
Ya bro. Be careful with adding chems. I don’t know what you got for a System or Corals but you gotta do things slowly and steadily. I’ve lost so many beautiful Corals through the years from just My own stupidity and not really knowing what I was doing. I use dosers on all my systems and prolly couldn’t maintain well without them. Keeps things pretty darn consistent and makes life a lot easier

Isleofzoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya bro. Be careful with adding chems. I don’t know what you got for a System or Corals but you gotta do things slowly and steadily. I’ve lost so many beautiful Corals through the years from just My own stupidity and not really knowing what I was doing. I use dosers on all my systems and prolly couldn’t maintain well without them. Keeps things pretty darn consistent and makes life a lot easier
Thank you and I appreciate the advice. I'm only 4 months into the hobby. I have a redsea max e170

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and I appreciate the advice. I'm only 4 months into the hobby. I have a redsea max e170

Ah RSR 170. I got one of those setup too. Nice little setup!! I got 750xxl and a couple IM lagoon and half moons. I love Redsea reefers. Great setup. Especially the big dog. I absolutely love that one. Good luck man. Take it slow and No high dollar polyps for now. Trust me, take ur time and get the hang of things. Lots and lots for you to learn yet and tank not mature at all yet. So work on your dosing and keeping parameters as consistent as possible and your patience will pay off. I say this as the biggest most impatient coral buyer you ever met. Literally. Haha. Do as I say. Not as I do. Haha. Good luck Bro

Isleofzoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah RSR 170. I got one of those setup too. Nice little setup!! I got 750xxl and a couple IM lagoon and half moons. I love Redsea reefers. Great setup. Especially the big dog. I absolutely love that one. Good luck man. Take it slow and No high dollar polyps for now. Trust me, take ur time and get the hang of things. Lots and lots for you to learn yet and tank not mature at all yet. So work on your dosing and keeping parameters as consistent as possible and your patience will pay off. I say this as the biggest most impatient coral buyer you ever met. Literally. Haha. Do as I say. Not as I do. Haha. Good luck Bro
THankk you, but the Zoas are my crack..lol I have bought some high dollar stuff, but it is all doing well for now. I test calcium and dose every day. started at 280 and now up to 420 calcium. I'm not going to buy anymore. I just needed some color in the tank. I have a strawberry lemonade anemone, RBTA, LTA, superstar Zoa, Sakura zoa utter chaos, scrambled eggs zoa, Green agave zoa (this one is dead), hyper watermelon chalice, aussie teal duncan coral, raspberry shortcake acropora and a green bubble coral.. Thats is it I cant buy anymore....I'm also an impatient coral buyer..lol

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I hear ya bro. Me too. Oh so bad. My Accountant literally smacked me upside my head in April. Said I dropped a 100k in 2017. I still refuse to hear that noise. Haha. Straight up coral crackhead. Wit ya

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THankk you, but the Zoas are my crack..lol I have bought some high dollar stuff, but it is all doing well for now. I test calcium and dose every day. started at 280 and now up to 420 calcium. I'm not going to buy anymore. I just needed some color in the tank. I have a strawberry lemonade anemone, RBTA, LTA, superstar Zoa, Sakura zoa utter chaos, scrambled eggs zoa, Green agave zoa (this one is dead), hyper watermelon chalice, aussie teal duncan coral, raspberry shortcake acropora and a green bubble coral.. Thats is it I cant buy anymore....I'm also an impatient coral buyer..lol
I’m Soo sorry I have consistently referred to you as “Bro”, “man” and others I’m sure. You're a female as I checked ur profile. Just wanted to apologize for that.

Joshua Warne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3E0151BC-B907-4A37-88E0-2D5FC9153320.jpeg

These GSC Sicarios are insane!

Isleofzoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m Soo sorry I have consistently referred to you as “Bro”, “man” and others I’m sure. You're a female as I checked ur profile. Just wanted to apologize for that.
LOL. I get it from time to time on here..lol you can't tell by an avatar name.

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look up to my previous pics you will see the purple monster looking Zoa. That is actually from Cornbred and sold as “CB Pink Diamond”.. he sent me a tiny single polyp which looked much different. I’ve had them for many months now and they are just now taking off. I also have wwc purple monsters. They are identical... what a sham

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back