Zoanthid and Palythoa Eye Candy Thread (zoas & palys)

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4074.JPG

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My collection thus far
f48b441f95fa4f83615b569c1343b12d.jpg

You have a nice collection there. I know opinions are like ******s, the one mistake I’ve made on some frags of nice Zoa is not giving them adequate room to really grow out nice prior to having to fight off neighbors for space. I notice you have a couple fast growers pretty close to others. If I had to do over I’d space out mine farther apart because now I have Zoa wars. Haha. Just throwin that out there.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a nice collection there. I know opinions are like ******s, the one mistake I’ve made on some frags of nice Zoa is not giving them adequate room to really grow out nice prior to having to fight off neighbors for space. I notice you have a couple fast growers pretty close to others. If I had to do over I’d space out mine farther apart because now I have Zoa wars. Haha. Just throwin that out there.
I love this forum. This is how we learn from each other. Experience and feedback. Give it, and take it! POTD

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a listing somewhere of the relative grow rates for some of the most popular morphs out there?

Example being:

Rastas: below average growth speed
Utter Chaos above average growth speed
Hornets: average growth speed.

I know it’s all relative but I think there are some consensus opinions out there

Reef magic 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a listing somewhere of the relative grow rates for some of the most popular morphs out there?

Example being:

Rastas: below average growth speed
Utter Chaos above average growth speed
Hornets: average growth speed.

I know it’s all relative but I think there are some consensus opinions out there
It depends on what you're water and light condition's, and water flow.

Isleofzoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly Princess strats. I had some that just melted out that we’re very similar.[/QUOTE
What does melted out mean? I bought some Zoas that turned completely black. I think they might be dead. I'm still too heartbroken to remove them

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melted out means “To just erode away to non existence for most times for absolutely No explanation or reason. If your into a whole lotta Zoa’s you will for sure become familiar with a colony just melt out just like that. Usually the really expensive ones that flourish and grow awesome... then one day you notice a decline and slowly but surely they melt away into no sign they were ever even there. Sad truth

Isleofzoa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melted out means “To just erode away to non existence for most times for absolutely No explanation or reason. If your into a whole lotta Zoa’s you will for sure become familiar with a colony just melt out just like that. Usually the really expensive ones that flourish and grow awesome... then one day you notice a decline and slowly but surely they melt away into no sign they were ever even there. Sad truth
I think that is what happened to my Green Agave Zoa. I'm really heartbroken about it.

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is what happened to my Green Agave Zoa. I'm really heartbroken about it.

Now I’m Not saying that they always Melt for no reason. There are many Zoa’s that are extremely delicate and cannot handle parameter changes at all. Will melt out with a single big Alk swing.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back