Zoas melting but why??

rlkilwil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody!

I’m an experienced reefer and actually worked at an awesome LFS for a couple years, so I’m familiar with the chemistry of reef tanks and usually have no problems with my corals- however for the first time I’m having zoa trouble! All my parameters are within normal, I know, but trust me, I just tested! All my other corals and anemones look great but for some reason I have zoas melting, not opening, and even falling off plugs. Some of the falling off could be due to improper gluing on a recent fragging session, but even ones I didn’t frag are misbehaving. The only thing I can think of that might be bugging them is nitrates, which are below five ppm. But I’ve had zoas forever and have had them do fine in low nutrient systems! Anyone have some advice or related experience that could help me out???

OP
OP
rlkilwil

rlkilwil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to say- I have been feeding reef roids twice a week and dosing Red Sea reef energy AB+ once weekly!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back