Zoo-Med 50 Frag 48 X 24 on a IM 47.2 X 23.6 with a 48 X 24 3/4 pine top in between safe?

BigWillStyle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title says it all haha. I currently am setting up a frag room and I have a Innovative marine stand that I love but it is just a little bit smaller than the rimmed Zoomed Frag tank I already own. I have pine top that is 48 x 24 3/4 in that I can sandwich in between the top of the aluminum stand and the tank. The overhang is so minimal on both sides but I want to be very confident the tank cant crack. I will have expensive coral growing out and could build a stand if need be. I would prefer the more polished look and to use what I already have around.

TL;DR

Is it safe?

nhbegli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this gets a reply bc I’m in a very similar boat but with 3cm off on both sides. Wondering if stacking two 19/32” pine plywood boards would suffice

OP
OP
BigWillStyle

BigWillStyle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this gets a reply bc I’m in a very similar boat but with 3cm off on both sides. Wondering if stacking two 19/32” pine plywood boards would suffice
I actually ended up buying a Fiji tank that is the correct size. I am going to look into using 80/20 to make a lip that would easily occupy the couple of mm and leave tons and can really be reinforced if needed. We shall see.

Right now it is on cinderblocks on 4x4s till after reefapoloza

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back