Z's Paradise

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would share a very pretty frag's history in my tank. Well I confused a couple frags in my tank which quite frankly almost never happens because I try to document placement of all new frags. And of course, the reason I document placement of all new frags in my tank is to avoid confusion.

This frag came from a reefer buddy that grows some of the prettiest acros that I have ever seen. To begin with my buddy not only has a keen eye and incredible talent as a reefer, he also serves as a repository for some rare frags--that story I won't go into. He shared a frag of this with me a while back and as I mentioned I got confused as to where I placed it. As it grew, it became quite obvious it was no ordinary acro. My friend lost his colony, and that is weird because he loses almost nothing. He will get the first frag but that won't be for a while, need this mini-colony to get bigger before it is ever fragged.

So here are a couple pictures of Z's Paradise that are under blue leds and before you get upset about the lighting, I also have some metal halides and t5 shots as well. I will take more pictures down the road under different lighting so you can appreciate what it might look like in your tank.

Z's Paradise

And I assume some of you might be interested what it looked like as a frag in my tank, so I have an early shot. This next picture is with metal halides. There are not many reefers that use metal halides so in truth, you are likely never going to see it under this lighting (unless of course you are a metal halide reefer). Nonetheless, it is still interesting to see it under metal halides as a frag.

December 2016

Once again, going back to more blue lighting.

October 2017

I find the color under blue leds quite extraordinary. If you have seen some of the latest craziest acros, like the home wrecker, walt disney and others, they are multi-colored and bedazzling under blue leds and much less so under metal halides as well. I find the coloring on this to be extremely unusual and quite remarkable. I also have another frag from my friend that appears to be morphologically very similar to Z's Paradise but the colors are different yet equally remarkable. I will share that other frag down the road as well. I think it is amazing to see these wonders from the ocean.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back