Z's Superman

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been sharing some of my most unusual beauties and this is certainly one of them. It came from a reefer buddy and he always has the rarest of the rare. So many that he loses track occasionally. I spotted this in his tank and asked for a frag. When I revisited his tank some months later, it was gone. So now I owe him a frag of mine to replace his missing mini colony and no, I did not take his mini-colony. He gave me a frag of it to keep. Anyway, this has been growing great. It is really unusual because like Z's Paradise it has unusual branch coloring, blue. This blue is different and actually has a tinge of purple in it. Z's Superman also has what appear to be more numerous corallites on the branches than Z's Paradise. Additionally, the polyps are longer and more vivid on Z's Superman.

If you want to see Z's Paradise:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/zs-paradise.332710/#post-4146156 or another of mine,
Z's Yellow Eyed Jawdropper:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/zs-yellow-eyed-jawdropper.327110/

So, here it is:

Z's Superman

Z's Superman (July 2016)

Z's Superman (October 2017)

If you look at the base which is the left half of the picture below, you will see the polyps start out kind of a blah brownish-red and then as you get closer to new growth on the branches and tips, the polyps get extremely vivid red.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, I just wonder how you pull out such detailed colour in your acros.:)

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible piece & growth you got there Mark!

Once I'm up and running stable I'll be keeping an eye out for one of your for sale threads. Always such colorful and healthy pieces.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a sweet piece, nice bright colors especially the blue color on the body, surely a true Superman

Acroman91-

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been sharing some of my most unusual beauties and this is certainly one of them. It came from a reefer buddy and he always has the rarest of the rare. So many that he loses track occasionally. I spotted this in his tank and asked for a frag. When I revisited his tank some months later, it was gone. So now I owe him a frag of mine to replace his missing mini colony and no, I did not take his mini-colony. He gave me a frag of it to keep. Anyway, this has been growing great. It is really unusual because like Z's Paradise it has unusual branch coloring, blue. This blue is different and actually has a tinge of purple in it. Z's Superman also has what appear to be more numerous corallites on the branches than Z's Paradise. Additionally, the polyps are longer and more vivid on Z's Superman.

If you want to see Z's Paradise:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/zs-paradise.332710/#post-4146156 or another of mine,
Z's Yellow Eyed Jawdropper:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/zs-yellow-eyed-jawdropper.327110/

So, here it is:

Z's Superman

Z's Superman (July 2016)

Z's Superman (October 2017)

If you look at the base which is the left half of the picture below, you will see the polyps start out kind of a blah brownish-red and then as you get closer to new growth on the branches and tips, the polyps get extremely vivid red.

How can I get my hands on a frag of this??

ATAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Watchguy posts for sale threads every now an then. You could probably send him a pm and get more details. Mark is a. Really stand up guy.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back