OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
minimum 60 days fallow ,highly recommend full 76... :)
Oh I was going by this on the BRS website.
Screenshot_20240325-203657_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my fish are currently in a hospital tank and will be for a long time I decided to get some more CUC for the DT. I bought the following to help with algea that's growing in the tank to replace the others that were victims of my poor math skills...
1 Pincushion urchin
3 Peppermint shrimp
3 Tiger Banded Trochus
7 Astrea Snails
4 Nassarius Snails

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked on the QT and lost my citron goby and my red firefish all I have left are Sammy and Little Man the clownfish. :loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face: What a painful lesson this has been...
So Sorry Amanda, this will work out!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know but I just feel so sick that it's my fault because I didn't protect them like I should have by QTing the tang.
You are not alone we have all had losses as part of the learning process, it sucks but you learn and fine tune your skills and get better and better. Don’t beat yourself up.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great picks, just do your homework on care before they arrive. Can’t wait to see your tank full of corals!
I already did some as I was picking them out and plan on doing more for each and writing notes for each as like most of us my brain doesn't remember things as well as it use to...

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already did some as I was picking them out and plan on doing more for each and writing notes for each as like most of us my brain doesn't remember things as well as it use to...
Aw, you are trying to make me feel better!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seller had some amazing Anemone but I'm not sure if my tanks ready for one yet.
Good move, this is just me and I do love anemones but my biggest fear is it would find a spot in the back of the rock scape and then host my clowns and I would never see any of them. I do have many rfas, they do wander a bit but you could get 3 or more sexy shrimp for the rfa to host.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I took advantage of one of the Easter sales and ordered these. I hope I chose a good vendor and picked the right corals...
Screenshot_20240331-203737_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240331_203835.jpg
Give that Chalice a nice corner to sleep in away from most corals. If/when it decides to take off it will go after corals.

Hammer, torch, and Galaxea will need some space around them, they like decent flow but not direct - too much and they'll stay retracted and start to recede, not enough and they'll droop.

I believe the Candy Canes MAY be able to be with each other but I'm not positive.

Dragon soul is a good one for a small rock on the sand bed. BEAUTIFUL coral when it's colored up.

Duncan's about halfway up the rockwork usually. Medium flow, usually indirect again.

Ricordea will walk until it finds where it wants to be, I usually put them near the sandbed - half on the sand, half in the rock.

Pipe Organ - no clue, sorry?

Monti, I'd say 2"-3" from the top of the rock - give it room to encrust upwards for those nice spirals you see in mature tanks. They WILL block the light of any corals under them so choose wisely.

reefsUP2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to say about it yet other than this is my first saltwater tank after keeping freshwater for around 20 years or so. It's a 125 gallon with a 50 gallon sump. I'm buying it used and the picture is one of what it looks like currently while it's still set up at my friend's place that I'm buying it from. I plan on doing a mixed reef tank with easy to keep inhabitants.

received_1409272549700808.jpeg
Nice what light you using for the refuge.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back