0   0   0
Yea i think so too... still considering haha

paul4140

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 60x30x18 coming In a couple of weeks. I really like the views shallow tanks give. Following this thread closely.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 60x30x18 coming In a couple of weeks. I really like the views shallow tanks give. Following this thread closely.

Man that is going to be a sweet tank. I barely have room to squeeze the 48 inches. Those dimensions would be awesome. Where is the tank coming from?

paul4140

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered through a local store so I don't know the maker yet. Three sides are viewable lo-e glass so I am basically going to a short wide peninsula.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bit the bullet and ordered the gyre today from BRS... will update you when I have it in the tank

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I bit the bullet and ordered the gyre today from BRS... will update you when I have it in the tank

I bit that bullet too, got mine yesterday. Even though I knew the dims, it's bigger than I was expecting, but not overly obtrusive looking. Let me know how yours goes!! Will be a bit before my tank gets wet.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a full tank shot that shows some movement etc... only on 10% pulse every 30 seconds.... only other thing in tank is return and that is a DC return on lowest setting...

Maxspect gyre FTS: http://youtu.be/CTeUDf54iGM

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a full tank shot that shows some movement etc... only on 10% pulse every 30 seconds.... only other thing in tank is return and that is a DC return on lowest setting...

Maxspect gyre FTS: http://youtu.be/CTeUDf54iGM

Very nice. I will definitely be getting one. Nice looking tank btw.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you... don't think you will be disappointed with the gyre... really fills the depth of the tank which I like

paul4140

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rhino, my tank is coming from planet aquarium in Texas. It is being delivered to the house Wednesday. I will share all my mistakes on the build so we can learn together ;)

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes 10%.. I take it up to 40% or so for like 10 seconds to stir things up... it's insanely strong haha

knukles55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awsome build thread and tank love the dimensions quick question on the power head do they use impellers or is it powered by something else to make the Gyre motion

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't my thread.. sorry Rhino I was just sharing similar tanks... the gyre is made by paddles that rotate...

Again back to Rhinos build... didn't mean to distract

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't my thread.. sorry Rhino I was just sharing similar tanks... the gyre is made by paddles that rotate...

Again back to Rhinos build... didn't mean to distract

No worries. All is boring on the build. Waiting on rock to cycle. Though
It should be done this week and the real fun can start.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock finished cycling finally! Now the fun begins this week! I have a LOT to do this week if my plan to have the tank up and running by a week from tomorrow is going to happen. First I plan to move all the fish and corals from my current tank into a holding tank. Drain the old tank and give it a good cleaning. Move it to its new location. Build a frag rack. Fill the old tank back up and officially call it my frag tank. On the new tank, the back needs to be painted black, needs plumbed, and leak tested. After that it will be time to move it into the house, hook everything up and enjoy! Now the obstacles for the week.....3 confirmed turkey dinners with a possible 4th (I see the turkey comas slowing he build process), and I work in retail so this next Friday is officially the worst day of the year for me. But I am off all weekend so this should help make up for the ridiculous week I have ahead of me.

Now onto progress. How did you all do your plumbing? PVC or vinyl? I have read up on both and think I want to do PVC, but since this is my first tank with a sump vinyl seems nice to while I figure out all the ins and outs. Comments please.

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news!... I prefer hard plumbing (pvc) for it all... but both have pros and cons.. I tried vinyl once and hated the look and the process...

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back