• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

mummy eye, setosa, PPE's and other sps

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need to sell off some frags that I've had laying around for a bit. buyer to pay actual shipping charges, I prefer to ship overnight via Fedex, contact me with zipcode for specific shipping cost.

2 frag minimum, as I only have a few boxes. and I can only fit 6 frags in a box max. if you get 5-6 frags I will give you some sort of a discount or freebie frag, depending on what you get.

if you want to see any pics, just let me know and I'll put them up.

-original mummy eye chalice (frag 1/2" x 1/4" - 2 eyes) - $200
-montipora setosa (branch 1/2" tall) - $80
-tyree japonica (frag 1/2" x 1/2") - $40
-Purple People Eater (frag has 3 full polyps, 1 baby polyp) - $150
-bonsai tri-color (in avatar photo) - $40

-tubbs horrida (huge 1-2" frag w/ multiple branches) - $40
-tubbs horrida (1" frags) - $20

-oregon tort (3/4"-1") - $65
-green birdsnest (1-2") - $10
-pink stylo w/ green polyps (~1" branch) - $40
-pink stylo w/ blue polyps...looks purple (~1" branch) - $40
-ORA cali tort (1-2") - $30
-ORA Aussie delicate (1-2") - $20
-purple haze monti (1/2" x 1/2") - $40
-leng sy cap (~1") - $20

-purple death palys ($25/polyp)

-might have some ORA purple pillow frags ready if you want to wait a couple of weeks for them to heal. $60 for 3/4".

from left to right....horrida, japonica, setosa (WYSIWYG)

IMG_2083.jpg

older picture of my mummy eye colony

IMG_0772.jpg

pink stylo w/ blue polyps (looks purple)

IMG_2327.jpg

pink stylo w/ green polyps

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

purple haze monti

IMG_2047.jpg

horrida

IMG_1612.jpg

PPE colony

DPP_0009.jpg

Last edited:

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Junior, just hard to find one nowadays! Not many people still have it, and if they do they must horde it! :D

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
things that are tentatively sold (but not paid for yet) that I don't have any more of. but if anyone is willing to send paypal asap, they are yours of the taking...

-mummy eye frag
-setosa
-PPE's

as for the purple pillow, i have several frags that i made recently. only reason i made them was to save the colony from RTN. its the most finicky coral i've ever owned. it grew great for about 8 months a year ago, but the past 10months or so its been nothing but grow a little bit, then STN, grow a bit, then STN a bit.

but just recently it went through RTN, so i had to hack up the colony in order to save it. so far all of the frags are still alive, which is very promising considering 50% of the frags I make of it die within the first day or two, its been about 4 days since i fragged them, but they won't be ready to ship until the end of september.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang you should of told me of the mummy's eye i was waiting for you. But i just spent over $500 on an order so have to sit out now

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang you should of told me of the mummy's eye i was waiting for you. But i just spent over $500 on an order so have to sit out now

just found out this morning.....so you should have waited on that order....lol

where did you order $500 worth from anyways? must have been some nice stuff!

:confused: Are those PPE's ???

yes. :)

kurbs

Zoa & Paly Luva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Surfn: Please don't take this as be trying to be a jerk - but those don't appear to be ppe's. The are purple with green skirts - yes. But they do appear to have like colored specs in the center and the skirt seems to be a green varient. I'm pretty certian these are PPE's (mine)

DSC07163.jpg

The only reason I question this - I know the average going rate for a polyp and a friend was interested in trying to get some from you and asked my opinion.

In no way am I downplaying this - just looking for clarity.

Thanks

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surfn: Please don't take this as be trying to be a jerk - but those don't appear to be ppe's. The are purple with green skirts - yes. But they do appear to have like colored specs in the center and the skirt seems to be a green varient. I'm pretty certian these are PPE's (mine)

DSC07163.jpg

The only reason I question this - I know the average going rate for a polyp and a friend was interested in trying to get some from you and asked my opinion.

In no way am I downplaying this - just looking for clarity.

Thanks

they're all the same. you get speckles on PE type palys if you blast them with too much light IME. i took that pic right after I got them several months ago. since then, I've put them in the shade and all the new polyps that have formed are completely purple without any spots. the old polyps still have a tiny bit of speckling, but most has gone away. my guess is that its kinda like sunburn. so maybe this particular PPE strain was collected in a deeper ocean environment than other strains......i dunno.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
they're all the same. you get speckles on PE type palys if you blast them with too much light IME. i took that pic right after I got them several months ago. since then, I've put them in the shade and all the new polyps that have formed are completely purple without any spots. the old polyps still have a tiny bit of speckling, but most has gone away. my guess is that its kinda like sunburn. so maybe this particular PPE strain was collected in a deeper ocean environment than other strains......i dunno.

I agree they are the same...

kurbs

Zoa & Paly Luva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME!

That's really cool to know.

I never knew it was documented. I just thought it was a similar morph. Actually I like it with the specs.

It was a good point made when you said they are like "freckles" - that really says it all.

Like I said, I hope you don't think I was trying to go toe-to-toe - it's just that at initial glance, they weren't like any "I'VE" seen before so I had to ask.

Thanks for the info

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have paypaled you that first night i talked to you. Yeah got some nice stuff that came in. Scoly, watermelon chalice, dendro, micros, etc.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, I hope you don't think I was trying to go toe-to-toe - it's just that at initial glance, they weren't like any "I'VE" seen before so I had to ask.

Thanks for the info

no big deal, I was being lazy and didn't take an updated pic. just wanted to use whatever I already had uploaded to photobucket.

i would have taken an updated pic, but polyps have been a bit closed up and ticked after i removed a bunch of bubble algae off my colony the other day.

do you have a pic of the mummy eye frag?

i know i took one about a month or two ago, i can't seem to find it though.

regardless, payment is pending on the frag (again).

I would have paypaled you that first night i talked to you. Yeah got some nice stuff that came in. Scoly, watermelon chalice, dendro, micros, etc.

lol coulda, shoulda, woulda..... ;)

dude, take a pic of the chalice and micros and send it to me. if its cool enough, I will make the trip down this weekend.

any worthy sps?

glad to hear you guys finally got some worth while stuff in!

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol coulda, shoulda, woulda..... ;)

dude, take a pic of the chalice and micros and send it to me. if its cool enough, I will make the trip down this weekend.

any worthy sps?

glad to hear you guys finally got some worth while stuff in!

Haha no no no. I think you have me mistaken for the store. The mummy eye i wanted for me not the store. Everything i listed that i bought is for my new LPS tank.
Hypertek's Shallow LPS Tank - Reef 2 Reef
I have nothing to do with UA i just work there. I have my own business to run along with 3 other jobs so i'm super busy.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back