OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 53

I did what? 11 more corals? Wait isn't already super crowd? Yup, but there's always space :p
I will now focus a little bit more on the other side, more stuff coming hmmm

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg I reply on R2R :D :D lol

Yep, I don't hesitate to show the down since we learn a lot from it, I must admit I wonder if I should keep going since it can have a negative impact on the perception (people remember more the negative than positive)

I'm going to take another risk I think on the next video with H2O2, I want to show the reaction with algae but I need to be careful...

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg I reply on R2R :D :D lol

Yep, I don't hesitate to show the down since we learn a lot from it, I must admit I wonder if I should keep going since it can have a negative impact on the perception (people remember more the negative than positive)

I'm going to take another risk I think on the next video with H2O2, I want to show the reaction with algae but I need to be careful...
I think that you have enough positive to outweigh the negative. Looking forward to it

thecouch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was flicking through nano section and saw your profile pic. I recognised it form your you tube. Love your videos. One of the most honest series out there. I think your problems will help others recover from there similar problems to. Tank looks great

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was flicking through nano section and saw your profile pic. I recognised it form your you tube. Love your videos. One of the most honest series out there. I think your problems will help others recover from there similar problems to. Tank looks great
Thank you!
I have a different way to "educate" :)
Real and raw with examples!
Next one will be great, tank is in good shape, very happy!

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 54

Life is like the ocean, it has its ups and downs.
At this time, my tank is running beautifully and I wanted to capture this moment.
My appreciation for marine life is endless, a beautiful world that needs to be shared with others.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 55

Dinoflagellate are notorious in reef aquariums, it's a microscopic pest that is hard to remove from saltwater tank.
But This isn't my first encounter, last time blackout alone was enough to kill them all, but this time I'm trying a different method to document the effectiveness.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 56

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 57

Adding a Tridacna Crocea in my nano reef aquarium, It's a clam that I have since 3-4 years now, it's one of the toughest coral I ever owned, he's not a typical clam.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01067.jpg
DSC01073.jpg
DSC01076.jpg
DSC01078.jpg
DSC01079.jpg

Random photo session, I ask one of my Artemia models to pose for me, a special blooper with one of her kids. Training artemia to pose as human do is a titanic task, took 2 weeks of training. Will follow the career of this one, hope it finds the right mouth!

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 58

Scleronephthya is probably my last "Masterpiece" coral, I want to try soft NPS coral and see if I keep them alive. This type of coral needs dirty water so in the past months I slowly started to add organisms that could filter the organic to compensate. The microfauna seems to be stable and well developed so I pull the trigger on this beautiful Strawberry coral.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 59

The Yellow Watchman goby is well known to have a symbiosis with pistol shrimp. For the past months, I was on the hunt for what could be the best possible goby to pair with my pistol shrimp: Alpheus Ochrostriatus
Those 2 species coming from the same area, same color, both being very active, about the same size, I thought the Cryptocentrus cinctus would be the perfect candidate. I hesitated to get this fish at first because of its size vs my nano but knowing their behavior I thought this could be acceptable.

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 59

The Yellow Watchman goby is well known to have a symbiosis with pistol shrimp. For the past months, I was on the hunt for what could be the best possible goby to pair with my pistol shrimp: Alpheus Ochrostriatus
Those 2 species coming from the same area, same color, both being very active, about the same size, I thought the Cryptocentrus cinctus would be the perfect candidate. I hesitated to get this fish at first because of its size vs my nano but knowing their behavior I thought this could be acceptable.

Nice video… again. Got me scared for a second with the shrimp…

Also, I just wanted to share something with you. I created a YouTube channel recently and reason why I’m sharing is because some of your vids as well as some other peoples vids that make similar content as yours inspired me to make my YouTube channel and videos.
Here’s the link to the video I just finished making if you want to check it out and thanks for the inspiration:

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 60

My effort to achieve perfection is the hardest part of this journey. The importance of good husbandry with a nano reef aquarium is crucial.
After adding my 3rd Masterpiece coral, something along the way went wrong. After testing different hypotheses I found the reasons.
Keeping everyone happy is an impossible task, but the challenge makes this journey enriching.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 61

Everyone wants a reef aquarium without maintenance. This is my effort towards having a nano marine aquarium that has less maintenance by using invertebrates such as feather duster and some reef mussels that capture organic matter.
No Skimmer, No Biomedia, and maybe one day, just simply, water...

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back