00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, since beginning I have an issue with phosphate way too high between 0.5 to 1. The only way to reduce is something like chemi pure blue? I am doing 10% weekly water change and don't seem to have too much food waste. Also it seems magnesium depletes fast (1100 to 1200). It could be Coraline as I can see quite a bit on pink glow on rock? Or salt problem? Rest is ok temperature 77, alkalinity 8.45, ph 8.2, salinity 35, nitrate 10 and calcium 410. I dose also all for reef 15ml for 55gallon per day.
Chemipure Blue won’t reduce phosphate, you’ll need Elite, which has GFO added, to do that.

I was getting up around 0.5 in my tank and added Elite. Since I’ve been around .06-.08. Just need to watch it closely to make sure you don’t bottom out.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just wanted to share this tank shot (taken with orange lens) from about a month ago (10 month old IM Nuvo) with hydras , UV , Skimmer , Carbon , trace dosing + AFR (colors all started coming together (except a few new drags coloring up)

There have been some recent additions since this photo was taken , mostly a new stick , and some more collector gonis

Nice to meet you all
Wow, very nice, coiors are popping!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is partner? I can find supporter but nothing on partner.
Supporter is open year round a d you can sign up for 1 year at $30 or 2 years at $50. Partner is more expensive at $150 a year or something like that? Partner gets you entered into the Partner drive giveaways and has some other perks, plus the swag. Supporter is almost as much perks as Partner but no Partner drive. Giveaways for Supporters are almost monthly with a LiveAquaria gift card and an Octoaquatics SHU Acclimation Box each giveaway with an occasional "extra" prize thrown in for good measure.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just wanted to share this tank shot (taken with orange lens) from about a month ago (10 month old IM Nuvo) with hydras , UV , Skimmer , Carbon , trace dosing + AFR (colors all started coming together (except a few new drags coloring up)

There have been some recent additions since this photo was taken , mostly a new stick , and some more collector gonis

Nice to meet you all
Wow they are stunning!!!

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way!!! I love peeps already had some pre, pre, Easter ones this week. But I’ve only ever seen original flavor.

Silly California probably only sells Matcha flavor. So what flavors are you all getting and does it really taste like Dr Pepper?!?
I love peeps and will have to look for these as well as any other flavors!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of freaky flavors down South. Btw, we frequently open them and let them dry out for a few hours until they get a little dry on the outside. Most people here call them crunchy peeps.
Ohh, I never thought of that! Gonna try it,

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemipure elite will drop it more, but might strip it too much.
I use chemi-pure blue; but my phosphate has been ok. Other than my matroller, it’s the only thing extra. I change it out every 30 days. Also, I have a UV sterilizer but no skimmer,

Last edited:

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supporter is open year round a d you can sign up for 1 year at $30 or 2 years at $50. Partner is more expensive at $150 a year or something like that? Partner gets you entered into the Partner drive giveaways and has some other perks, plus the swag. Supporter is almost as much perks as Partner but no Partner drive. Giveaways for Supporters are almost monthly with a LiveAquaria gift card and an Octoaquatics SHU Acclimation Box each giveaway with an occasional "extra" prize thrown in for good measure.
Thanks Tim! My explanation to Remi was rather inadequate- was way past my bedtime

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I’d share this video with Elliot who I get the majority of my fish from.

Some of the fish we talk about often are discussed and thought ya’ll might find interesting. They did an entire series on fish that you can find on BRSTV.

One interesting thing is it takes some fish (leopard wrasse) forever to switch their internal time click to US, I’m wondering now about my new Mel Wrasse as he consistently wakes up 10:30-10:45am even though my lights begin sunrise at 7am. I now wait to do first tank feeding till 11am since I only have 4 fish total atm,

And he literally circles his bedtime spot for the 5 minutes before my lights turn off at 7pm and start the moonlight schedule. I find this soo cool.

The Goby takes 1-2 more sand nibbles and jumps in his cave at 7pm as well.

Can you imagine if our children had gone to bed so easily growing up?!?

Fishy Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What snail/other do you recommend that will consume diatoms on my sand bed? I've got nassarius snails that churn the sand bed some but they don't actually eat the algae.

Been leaning towards trying a conch but don't know whether fighting or tiger is better.

I've thought about a diamond goby before but worry that there wouldn't be enough detritus to sustain him.

Also considered an urchin but am hesitant as I have nothing secured in my tank and feel like it would just knock stuff over constantly.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What snail/other do you recommend that will consume diatoms on my sand bed? I've got nassarius snails that churn the sand bed some but they don't actually eat the algae.

Been leaning towards trying a conch but don't know whether fighting or tiger is better.

I've thought about a diamond goby before but worry that there wouldn't be enough detritus to sustain him.

Also considered an urchin but am hesitant as I have nothing secured in my tank and feel like it would just knock stuff over constantly.
I have a Strawberry Conch, but I think I like the looks of a Fighter better.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning y'all!
201406161202433598263-p5.jpg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have trochus snails / they can upright themselves and are great cleaners. And hermit crabs and Nasarius. I also have two tuxedo urchins that lawnmower through the tank eating algae! I did, however, buy very little ones since most of my corals are small frags. If they do get ahold of something, I just gently lift off with tweezers. Worth the effort!

As you saw in my post last week, I just got a Diamond Goby. My tank is also new - 5 months, but it had enough detritus and GHA clumps in sand to keep him fed. I also have a very healthy population of copepods, but that’s not his diet I believe. He actually devours everything I feed the fish! He jumps right in front of wrasse and grabs a mysis. And he has already cleaned my entire sandbed!

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back