20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I don't know what that word means...ROFL
It’s part of my plan to keep Hubbs OK with the tanks I have. He knows I want the Eden, so if I go filling other tanks he’s gonna ask why I need another tank in the house, with 8 already up.

Then again 9 is such an odd number.
 
It’s part of my plan to keep Hubbs OK with the tanks I have. He knows I want the Eden, so if I go filling other tanks he’s gonna ask why I need another tank in the house, with 8 already up.

Then again 9 is such an odd number.
shoot for the perfect 10
 
Do you have a not 200$ feeder that you think works well and suggest? And i suppose I could build a little shelf here and set the feeder(s) on it. Banana for scale
1000002954.jpg
I've been using this petbank one. I wanted to control the exact feeding amount instead of a tumbler. 15 feedings and each holds about a teaspoon of dry food.

IMG_5019.jpeg
IMG_5020.jpeg
IMG_5021.jpeg
 
I've been using this petbank one. I wanted to control the exact feeding amount instead of a tumbler. 15 feedings and each holds about a teaspoon of dry food.

IMG_5019.jpeg
IMG_5020.jpeg
IMG_5021.jpeg
I do like that concept.
 
I do like that concept.
I did have to make a shelf for the biocube since it's on an angle. it only has 3 feeding times but you can feed 3 compartments at a time too. I just use when I'm not around. battery last a really long time.
IMG_5022.jpeg
 
I did have to make a shelf for the biocube since it's on an angle. it only has 3 feeding times but you can feed 3 compartments at a time too. I just use when I'm not around. battery last a really long time.
IMG_5022.jpeg
I feel like that'd work good for finer coral foods where a tumbler style could dump a crap load and a little goes a long way
 
Guys I found a lady kind of local to me that has these corals for sale they are all between $20-30 each. What would you get if you had say $200 to spend?
1000009256.jpg
Maybe the Rasta zoas, in the top middle.
 
From my understanding we shouldn't use thread tape on pvc fittings, is regular pipe dope fine or should I order something specific? I think I have this at home
1000002975.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new