20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I went to try and at least swap the socks. found a nice looking limpet on the plastic silencer. dropped it in the tank and it land foot up. grabbed tweezers to flip it over and it quickly became lunch! well hopefully the teeth got worn down some.

IMG_5026.jpeg
IMG_5028.jpeg
 
well there will be no more water changes for a long time. Hoping I can at least have the wife keep topping off the ATO reservoir. it's a 10 gal and go through about a gal a day. But the real issue is the skimmer is going to stink. no one is going to clean it. Just got my spinal injection for tomorrow.
Praying for you!
 
Are they thinking you might need surgery?
that's still a discussion. options are shave the bone down for extra room or fuse together. need more imaging to see what's changed since the last one.
 
that's still a discussion. options are shave the bone down for extra room or fuse together. need more imaging to see what's changed since the last one.
My buddy just had surgery where the disc blew out so they trimmed it down to make room. It's crazy how little they had to cut him
 
My buddy just had surgery where the disc blew out so they trimmed it down to make room. It's crazy how little they had to cut him
yeah, that's where I think I'm headed unfortunately. been hoping to avoid any surgery but not sure that's an option anymore. How did the surgery go and how is he afterwards? my concern is how long it will take after that.
 
by the way....in case anyone ever wondered where Bubble and Squeak came from:
Should make you guys right at home! it's really what happens when you fry up last nights peas ...they bubble and squeak in the fry pan. then you add the potatoes and other...

Bubble and squeak


https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bubble_and_squeak_with_29950
 
yeah, that's where I think I'm headed unfortunately. been hoping to avoid any surgery but not sure that's an option anymore. How did the surgery go and how is he afterwards? my concern is how long it will take after that.
I had two disc that were completely destroyed another 2 that were weak and another that was bulging and pinching a nerve. I had surgery they put in a bracket like piece to support where the first for was, and trimmed off the part of the the one that was bulging and reinforced it with something similar to concrete. After surgery the pain i had lived with for over a year was gone and the only pain I really had was where the incision was. That was about two years ago and I'm still mostly pain free unless I over do it. My incision scar is about 6 inches. I had to wear a custom brace for a few months and do some PT to strengthen the muscles back after the surgery but I'm really glad I did it.
 
yeah, that's where I think I'm headed unfortunately. been hoping to avoid any surgery but not sure that's an option anymore. How did the surgery go and how is he afterwards? my concern is how long it will take after that.
He's doing awesome. Went great. Full mobility after a few weeks, no restrictions after a few months if I remember correctly. He's incredibly happy he did it
 
thanks all. I'm seasoned to these now but just wish the disc would heal.
Shoulder discs I'm guessing? Had a few friends be out for their season because of theirs it's no joke once it's become herniated or whatever they do. Good luck.
 
Looking into Hanna checkers right now should I do the ultra low range or ultra high range testers?
Ultra Low for Phosphates, High Range for Nitrates, normal for anything else.
 
sorry bubbles. i can sympathize too. had back surgery about 15 years ago for a herniated disc that was pinching nerves. they were able to just trim the bulge. was pain free when i woke up. so glad i did it! but now ive completely blown out that same disc. so starting all over again. oh well. so glad for the 15 years i got out of it!
 
I think I've come to the conclusion I'm the baby in this group of old broken reefers :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I don't know about that we have some pretty young ones. I'm 47.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new