20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I posted earlier that all my corals were doing well but now that the lights are on I can see I was wrong. They were all ok 3 days ago before we went to Georgia but now my Birdsnest, Duncan and candy cane aren't looking to great. I think one might actually be dead. What should I look at first as far as water parameters to see if it's off?
20250209_162958.jpg
20250209_162614.jpg
20250209_162605.jpg
 
I posted earlier that all my corals were doing well but now that the lights are on I can see I was wrong. They were all ok 3 days ago before we went to Georgia but now my Birdsnest, Duncan and candy cane aren't looking to great. I think one might actually be dead. What should I look at first as far as water parameters to see if it's off?
20250209_162958.jpg
20250209_162614.jpg
20250209_162605.jpg
I don't think it has to do with your parameters, you've posted them before and they don't look bad, I'm more inclined to go for flow and light.
 
I posted earlier that all my corals were doing well but now that the lights are on I can see I was wrong. They were all ok 3 days ago before we went to Georgia but now my Birdsnest, Duncan and candy cane aren't looking to great. I think one might actually be dead. What should I look at first as far as water parameters to see if it's off?
20250209_162958.jpg
20250209_162614.jpg
20250209_162605.jpg
Yeah, I don’t think your Duncan is alive.
 
I don't think it has to do with your parameters, you've posted them before and they don't look bad, I'm more inclined to go for flow and light.
So what should I do? The third one looks dead I think. This is my light schedule.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250209_164938_ReefBeat.jpg
    Screenshot_20250209_164938_ReefBeat.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 45
So what should I do? The third one looks dead I think. This is my light schedule.
I’m not the expert here but it seems like that a long time for light at that power. Is that 10 hours at full with 30 min ramps? I think I only have 8 hours and the ramps of an hour.
 
And I don't know how to tell if my flow is enough but these three corals are in the middle of the tank the Duncan and candy cane are almost across from each other and the Birdsnest is at the top...
20250209_165300.jpg
 
I’m not the expert here but it seems like that a long time for light at that power. Is that 10 hours at full with 30 min ramps? I think I only have 8 hours and the ramps of an hour.
Good point, I only have the whites on maximum of 20% for I think 4 hours
 
Good point, I only have the whites on maximum of 20% for I think 4 hours
But as said they’ve been in for weeks and now look like this over a couple days. Something I would think changed. But would also think more would be affected too.
 
But as said they’ve been in for weeks and now look like this over a couple days. Something I would think changed. But would also think more would be affected too.
The only thing that changed was I did a water change I think it was two weekends ago but I used the same salt and mixed to the same salinity level.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new