10 gallon and 25 gallon stocking

ismira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have a 10g cube with an ocellaris clownfish pair, they are pretty small and chill out together on one side of the tank. I would like to add a yellow clown goby, they are super cute and I like how they perch on the rocks, would this be ok?

I’m also loving my reef tank so much that I’m already thinking of upgrading, I have my eyes on a Waterbox peninsula 25. I won’t be able to upgrade for another 6-8 months though. Nothing is set in stone.

If I do manage to do the upgrade is this stocking ok?

2 ocellaris clowns ( from the 10g)

Clown goby (also from the 10 if you guys deem it ok)

Royal gramma

Banggai cardinal fish

And maybe a mandarin dragonet ( I know you’re all going to say no to this one, I want to try find a captive bred one that eats frozen)

I think 6 fish might be too many but feel they all like different parts of the tank so wanted some opinions. Thanks

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be aware that the Clowns get large quickly and also more aggressive as they age. I had two in a 12g for a few short years, but the females grew to 4"+ and really needed larger quarters at that size (both were rehomed in a 55g).

The 4 or 5 fish in a 25g is certainly doable. Based on the amount of waste produced, adjust your maintenance routine to suit (especially when the fish grow out).

Just be aware that nothing is guaranteed with saltwater fish and you may need to adjust the fish population as time goes by.

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Yellow Clown Goby would be just fine in your tank! If you upgraded both the Royal Gramma and the Cardinal would be fine! However, I wouldn't recommend a mandarin.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back