10 Gallon Coral QT Light Recommendations?

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I have a 20 gallon QT and a 10 gallon QT for my 100 Gallon display. As of now I am using the 20 for fish QT and the 10 for coral QT. However, both setups are just basic Aqueon/Top Fin packages from box store (of course, with changes made to filtration and added flow). The included lights are just the basic LED wire strips that i'm sure are okay for the fish, but I need a light to run over my 10g coral QT. I'd prefer it be LED as i run Radion's on the display and think it'd be best to use same type of light for QT period. Any recommendations out there for this? Id prefer not to pay $250 for an AI Prime, just to use it sparingly as a QT light...but, from what i've read, that may be the best option. Any others?

Thanks in advance!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your quarantining corals, id opt for the ai prime myself. Or a descent used fixture.... They will be in the QT tank for sometime unless you are just observing for pests vs keeping them in a fallow system.

I have one of my non hd hydra 26s on my 10 gallon quarantine. Granted its turned down almost all the way lol.
But it wasnt very expensive.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back