OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jvesche20 I go to CSU Monterey Bay. How did you manage to have a 125 in college? That's so awesome.

Jvesche20

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jvesche20 I go to CSU Monterey Bay. How did you manage to have a 125 in college? That's so awesome.
Awesome! I live with my parents rent free and commute to college. I work full time in the summer and part time during school. I was able to come up with enough money to get a 125

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone I’m in college too! I have a sps dom modified biocube 29 and doing a current build on 2 60g frag tanks that’s gonna have 240g total water volume.
02C62A3C-6277-4950-A6E3-58286DCEDEDA.jpeg
Getting close to the new build getting up and running. I also have a 90g drilled freshwater and a 200g pond.

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went down to San Jose for the Coral Farmer market. Was super cool to see so many vendors this year. Purchased a Walt Disney, Acid Trip, Green Slimmer, Pink Millie and a Bubble Gum digi sadly every but the digi died so that was a bummer. Stayed one too many nights in the holding tank. Was able to talk to Chad at the @Reef Nutrition booth and he was able to hook me up with some pods and oyster feast. Thank you very much.

Not much has been done to the tank. My ATO not working, if you guys have a recommendation on a cheap functioning one that would be great. Going to do a water change during the week.

Reef Nutrition.JPG

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went down to San Jose for the Coral Farmer market. Was super cool to see so many vendors this year. Purchased a Walt Disney, Acid Trip, Green Slimmer, Pink Millie and a Bubble Gum digi sadly every but the digi died so that was a bummer. Stayed one too many nights in the holding tank. Was able to talk to Chad at the @Reef Nutrition booth and he was able to hook me up with some pods and oyster feast. Thank you very much.

Not much has been done to the tank. My ATO not working, if you guys have a recommendation on a cheap functioning one that would be great. Going to do a water change during the week.

Reef Nutrition.JPG
Thanks for stopping by. Sorry to hear about the corals!

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a 20% water change yesterday as well as took some pictures.
Added Trigger pods a couple of days ago and now both of my mini Dendro colonies are super happy.

IMG_2595.JPG IMG_2601.JPG IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2614.JPG

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything good so far this past week. I set up my dosing pump, dosing 2 ml of BRS Soda ash a day.
My Kryptonite jawbreaker detached from rock so I got scared and later found it under my rocks. Im trying to have it stick to some rubble but he doesn't seem to like to stick to anything.
Bought some corals from www.montereybaycoral.com on their ebay live auction. ASD Rainbow Millie, MBC Aquadragon Acro, and ASD Master Phoenix Monti. Really great quality and very large pieces very happy with them!
Some pictures of how fluffy my Fat Heads get at night.
Going to try and dose some Acro Power soon.

Having a lot of nutrient/phosphate issues with the tank even though I feed very little. Probably will add some GFO this weekend.

IMG_2840.JPG IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2866.JPG IMG_2871.JPG IMG_2875.JPG IMG_2876.JPG IMG_2927.JPG IMG_2929.JPG

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much happening. Algae is getting out of control. Next week ill be making a DIY algae reactor and getting a couple inverts.

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
College student here as well :) l have a 55 gallon and looking to upgrade soon

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Uploaded a video of the tank.

Just did a water change everything looking pretty good. SPS encrusting mushrooms getting bigger.
Finally installed a algae reactor and im trying to grow sea lettuce but idk if its working. Placed an order for chaeto so that will be coming probably next week.

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a water change and removed GFO because I noticed that my clam was being cut/burned and everything is healing now. All the SPS are encrusting and looking very nice.
Have to remove my crab because he has been eating at my monti.
Purchased a Hydor ATO controller and sadly its not working very well but im talking to the support trying to get a new one so hopefully that gets figure out before thanksgiving.

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a pixel so hopefully my picture will come out better.
Purchased a hydor ato controller and they sent me a new one because the first one wasn't working and now the second one wasn't working so im pretty upset about that. Would not recommend it.
The tank is doing good and clam is healing want to add more acros but im gonna be away from the tank for a week so ill wait for after that.

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havent updated in a while but the tanks is looking good. Less algae everywhere still have some but definitely less than before. I bought 2 more tuxedo urchins and came with a mangrove and some nano brine. I feel like nano brine is useless because it has no nutrition and basically only helps in quarantines, maybe I got it wrong just my thoughts.

Got a new phone so I have some nicer quality photos.

Im posting regularly on Instagram if you'd like to follow at @camposcorals

IMG_20191118_174553.jpg
IMG_20191118_174539.jpg
IMG_20191118_174348.jpg
IMG_20191114_150006.jpg
IMG_20191114_145931.jpg

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice little tank! I use @reefnutrition products and my whole tank loves it. Oyster feast and the phyto. I also get their mysis as it’s cleaner and can use as much or as little as I want.

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the algae is fortunately gone. Got a homewrecker from my girlfriend which was so awesome but he isn't so happy i think because of the lack of phosphates. Im trying to dose but it isn't really working. Had a small period where i had a lot of stringy brown algae but i bought some Micro Bacteria which seems to be cleaning up the tanks.

IMG_20200220_114219.jpg IMG_20200217_125441.jpg IMG_20200217_125518.jpg

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking awesome! Do not know how I missed the previous updates.

It looks like you are getting the "stick-bug" with SPS! I have to say I am guilty of that too. Hope school is going well.

Yea its a real problem especially because im not great with them so i'm trying to slowly fix the problems then buy more.
Thank you.

OP
OP
tyleraoc

tyleraoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently purchased a Illumagic Blaze X mini for my reef and switching from my kessil a150 and a80's I really like it. I enjoy the purple/UV lights and the controllability that this light offers. I run my tank on the sps settings at 50% white 100% blues and 100% UV it might be too high for my small little reef but i'm going to test it out and see. I've been dosing 1.5ml of oyster feast daily to raise my phosphates and 1ml of nitrate to keep everything at good levels. I am trying to find a way to automate the dosing so that when i'm on spring break the tank will be fine but unfortunately cant find much so I might just have to dose phosphates.

All the corals looking pretty happy. Homewrecker is bouncing back slowly gaining back its color and growing tips. Bounce made a baby and is starting to make another. Accidentally broke my rock scape trying to save my Sunkist bounce and cut it in half. Hes healing and doing fine and looking happy.

IMG_20200220_114321.jpg IMG_20200220_114327.jpg IMG_20200303_123051.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back