OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First day, first disaster:
The second chamber of the Vertex calcium reactor leaks. I take it out, carefully assemble everything again. Turn on the return again, every look good. No leak.
An hour later, I check again. The main chamber leak! The floor is flooded, I think around 1 gallon leak out.

That's it. Too much to take in. And you know how frustrating dissemble and assemble a calcium reactor can be. And the trusting issue too.
I called Brs and requested a return for refund. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Anyone have good calcium reactor for this tank size that can recommend me?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm researching calcium reactors myself and overwhelmingly, it seems that everybody is extremely happy with the build quality and well designed simplicity of the GEO's Reef calcium reactors. Also, they just happen to be 10% off on their site right now for the 4th of July! :D

csorime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First day, first disaster:
The second chamber of the Vertex calcium reactor leaks. I take it out, carefully assemble everything again. Turn on the return again, every look good. No leak.
An hour later, I check again. The main chamber leak! The floor is flooded, I think around 1 gallon leak out.

That's it. Too much to take in. And you know how frustrating dissemble and assemble a calcium reactor can be. And the trusting issue too.
I called Brs and requested a return for refund. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Anyone have good calcium reactor for this tank size that can recommend me?

I have the vertex calcium reactor and it's great. Are all your 1/4 push fittings secure. I was so anxious setting it up that I over looked tightening a union and bam

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the vertex calcium reactor and it's great. Are all your 1/4 push fittings secure. I was so anxious setting it up that I over looked tightening a union and bam

I read reviews on BRS before buying it, a lot of reviews about it being leak (mostly at the pump connection). I thought to myself maybe I'm luckier or I just need to more careful when assemble it.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is freakin' sexy even without water, corals and fish!!

She a little sexier when she wet.[emoji4]

33a887c0905427d5400a53bed83366a5.jpg

View on the right couch:
037c80107641f70697700c5000da6111.jpg

View on the left couch:
0939029c4b164816e404f3a32c0657cd.jpg

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Aquascape is very good, I like how it's done. A few questions?
1. Why did not choose the dosing system Balling, and did not have a very high-quality calcium reactor?
2. Will the T5 lamps be added, because they showed an excellent result in combination with the LED lamp?

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your new setup looks sweet. Let's do a raffle for how many sps you can fit in the new tank lol[emoji14]

Did you seed your tank with some bacteria? I hear Aqua Forest Pro-Bio-S bacteria is really strong good stuff.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr V simply perfectly done with the classy touch u always have, the aquascape totally agree with @mdbannister as one of the best aquascapes ever!!! If u decide custom build them full time please will be an honor be ur customer lol. Your 45 is my full time inspiration and my goal for sure. Congratulations and keep up with such a nice project!!! [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Aquascape is very good, I like how it's done. A few questions?
1. Why did not choose the dosing system Balling, and did not have a very high-quality calcium reactor?
2. Will the T5 lamps be added, because they showed an excellent result in combination with the LED lamp?

1. Why I'm not choose the dosing of 2 parts: I currently use up to 120mil of alk AND 120mil of Cal (ESV) a day on my 45 gallons. Let's imagine how many mil this tank can consume per day when it fully stock! And ESV is not cheap. So in the long run, Calcium reactor is more cost benefit. Indeed, if I have space, I would equip my 45 gallons with a Calcium reactor too.
Why I didn't have a very high quality calcium reactor: the Vertex RX-cC 6D is in $500 range and rate for 300 gallons. Although it isn't "very" but it can consider as high-quality?!

2. Will t5s being add? No, this tank is located in my living room. I try my best to make it look at clean/neat as possible, even I have to sacrifice some growth or color. That's why I invest on the RMS mount from Ecotech. Expensive and way overpriced imo, but look very prof and clean.

Mr V simply perfectly done with the classy touch u always have, the aquascape totally agree with @mdbannister as one of the best aquascapes ever!!! If u decide custom build them full time please will be an honor be ur customer lol. Your 45 is my full time inspiration and my goal for sure. Congratulations and keep up with such a nice project!!! [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

Thank you for your compliments. I wish I have time to do scaping for the living. It would be my dream job! [emoji28]

Where did you buy these?

You can google mobile home / manufacturer home store. They sale all manufactured house parts.

Bow69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump area is almost finished.
990f9ded1c693d1d4f75916f21500569.jpg

aae840754b0b10b34c1e5672fba4dde3.jpg

The sump design make horrible noise without filter sock, so I came up with an idea: a never wash filter sock method. [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
bc2561fdc00ef621f5c968c5ddbfc071.jpg

c7e5c53e81ae92162b8e3fc40b0c6db8.jpg

After install filter sock, the sump&drain is dead silent.
This also allow me to populate a healthy pods later.[emoji39]
Wow! Looks great. I have just set up my first sump on a 90. I'm leaning towards heavy SPS also.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back