The gyre 280 is ok but to frequent cleaning
So quite some flow
2 mp60
1 mp40
2 wave
2 gyre 280
1 tunze stream3
Time will tell if I retire the gyre
Notice on the icp test tiny copper have any notice copper in zeobak? Every time I use it I get it detective on triton
Good weekend 57EC294E-551E-46A3-914D-A78D2D0DFC74.jpeg

Dramad1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome, are you running a skimmer or gfo? I've been wanting to ditch the bandaid gfo and go with a large fuge, maybe turn the skimmer off during the day and on at night for air gas exchange..just curious, any thoughts on this?

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome, are you running a skimmer or gfo? I've been wanting to ditch the bandaid gfo and go with a large fuge, maybe turn the skimmer off during the day and on at night for air gas exchange..just curious, any thoughts on this?
Hi Dramad1 i feed quite heavy so i run skimmer 24/7 and also carbon and gfo most of the time, but the fuge is quite large so i am sure it help my bill of GFO
The mangroves i think is fun i doubt they do any good as its to few for the system but always nice with some leaves in the sump, i dose Iron ca 9ml each week to keep the cheato happy
good luck with your system and a large fuge and not to many fishes i am sure it will do great.

Last edited:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As were mine, I dropped 4 into my 100g tank and I still have to manually remove a few aiptasia every now and then

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As were mine, I dropped 4 into my 100g tank and I still have to manually remove a few aiptasia every now and then
Its a headache , i tried nudis ,majano wand, red sea x,pepermint ,hot water etc i used filefish before but it also liked my acans but if the filefish cleans the sump and work i place acans in fragtank and filefishes goes into display

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My peppermints are doing their job for the most part. I just find ones that they don't want to get and hit them with some Kalk paste or just pull them if they are in the sand. My long nose hawk usually keeps them (peps) in check and I had to move one of my Trachys to keep some distance between them and it.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tobbe Just read through the whole thread. If this isn't a reef geek's ultimate dream tank, I don't know what would be. Everything is just so awesome! Well done! Subscribed so I can keep up with your progress. Lots of inspiration in these pages.

green_with_envy.gif

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back