120cm journal, my return to the hobby...

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering a rollermat for my next build, excited to follow this thread!

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the tank on the stand and the plumbing dry fit.. not too sure if the plumbing will stay this way. gonna sleep on it a couple nights... used some spa flex pvc and now im thinking aesthetically i might prefer hard plumbing. so i may mock it up both ways and make the decision.

by shaun s., on Flickr

electronics mounted to the ceiling of the stand..

by shaun s., on Flickr

by shaun s., on Flickr

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea scratch the plumbing! lol not happy with it... going with plan "B"! i thought it would be kind of neat to use the clear pvc so i could see what was going on in the lines, but with them running along the top of the sump it just looks cluttered..

i went back and checked on some build threads i have been watching and revisited one by chris155hp https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-reef-savvy-v2.277117/ (super nice build) i really like how he did his plumbing through the back of the stand. so i just ordered the fittings ill need to get it done.

pic for reference! (hope he doesn't mind?)

img_2715-jpg.505415

so something like this..

Untitled by shaun s., on Flickr

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good Terry! i take it this is what you replaced the trigger sump with? did you ever figure out what was going on with that?

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, WOW! Love the stand! Also, the o-rings in the input holes of the sump is genius!

Following along for the duration!!!

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along for the duration!!!

thanks for the follow!

the o-rings kinda came to me as a last minute add on. they make the sch 40 1" pipes fit real snug... i use a slipxslip coupling on the inside of the sump so i can make sure the outlet stays just below the water lvl to eliminate noise and bubbles.

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spent some time this weekend re doing the plumbing. pretty happy with this version!

designed and printed these brackets to secure the pipes. they are made to lock into the t-slot of the extrusion and then through bolted to a t-nut.

de cluttered a bit by going through the back of the stand..

still working on the power for the tank. going to wait for that to get sorted before i fill it. progress is progress... lol

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart pipe clamp. That is something the plumbing industry is missing is a smart pipe hanger/mounting system in plastic for plastic. Plumbers don't care, ever noticed how their pipes always run down hill.:confused:

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spent some time this weekend re doing the plumbing. pretty happy with this version!

designed and printed these brackets to secure the pipes. they are made to lock into the t-slot of the extrusion and then through bolted to a t-nut.

de cluttered a bit by going through the back of the stand..

still working on the power for the tank. going to wait for that to get sorted before i fill it. progress is progress... lol

WOW [emoji50]!!!!! @coseal I am in love with the incorporation of the Clear pipes ! Where on earth did you find those?

Matthew Frost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably one of if not the slickest build I've seen on this site. Definitely following this and Coseal, I think if you ever wanted to start a business/side business just from what I've seen here you could probably bring in enough coin to fund a small ocean for your next build.

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in love with the incorporation of the Clear pipes ! Where on earth did you find those?

i dont recall exactly where they came from, some of this build is left over stuff from other tanks,projects. i only buy tubing from mcmaster carr or usplastics so its likely one of those. its sch 40 clear pvc.

This is probably one of if not the slickest build I've seen on this site.

thanks for the compliment! and the follow!

Plumbers don't care, ever noticed how their pipes always run down hill.:confused:

LoL!

SGREEFER310

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the nicest builds I've seen, following since I'm thinking of buying that same tank you have.

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the nicest builds I've seen, following since I'm thinking of buying that same tank you have.

thanks! so far tank has been decent.

got some water in it and its cycling! need to take some pic's of the aquascape. next project is lights... going to be using a 8 bulb sunpower with some "blue acro" royal strips retrofitted in https://blueacro.com/acrostrip

OP
OP
coseal

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still cycling! wrapping up the light fixture this weekend hopefully! tank has been running well... everything is working as i had hoped.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still cycling! wrapping up the light fixture this weekend hopefully! tank has been running well... everything is working as i had hoped.
@coseal Pic's or it diddent happen. J/K whats up new girlfriend or something. hope you and your system is cruising, too nice not to see a pic of it running.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back