120g Stocking List Suggestions

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In terms of the next fish, I was thinking of either a Foxface or Blenny. I would go with some of the wrasses but my tank does not have a lid yet so I don't want to risk it.
1667866819597.png
Without a lid, you’re capped on what you can get. Foxfaces and Blennies both jump a lot. My wrasses jump less than my foxface has in the past.

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a lid, you’re capped on what you can get. Foxfaces and Blennies both jump a lot. My wrasses jump less than my foxface has in the past.
Really? I didn't know Foxfaces were known to jump. I was planning on adding one to a lowboy frag tank..maybe I need to reconsider that now.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1670806848398.png

@i cant think what are your thoughts on this wrasse list for the 120g? Also which order should I add them. I assume Melenarus last.
That looks like a great stocking list. I would personally do the two flashers first, although remain cautious as they’re rather similar (There may be enough room for them to work in a 120 assuming it’s a 5’). Then I’d add the Cirrhilabrus next, if you can get a female lineatus then you can add them altogether but if you can only get a male I would do the lineatus last. And then finally I’d add the melanurus however before that I’d personally add a few more Halichoeres, maybe 2-3 as a total for that genus.

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a great stocking list. I would personally do the two flashers first, although remain cautious as they’re rather similar (There may be enough room for them to work in a 120 assuming it’s a 5’). Then I’d add the Cirrhilabrus next, if you can get a female lineatus then you can add them altogether but if you can only get a male I would do the lineatus last. And then finally I’d add the melanurus however before that I’d personally add a few more Halichoeres, maybe 2-3 as a total for that genus.

It's a 4' 120. Would you suggest a different flasher than those two that perhaps would work better? What other Halichoeres wrasse's would you suggest?

Thanks for the advice!!

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is really starting to look stocked!

Currently we have -
1x One Spot Foxace
2x Wyoming White Clowns
2x Royal Gramma
1x Yasha Goby
1x Longnose Hawk
1x Starry Blenny
2x Carpenters Flasher (I thought the first one had died, so I got another and he came out of hiding the next day....) Not sure if this will be a combo that will get along in the future.

Looking to add more fairy wrasses, maybe some anthias, a diamond goby in the near future.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Currently we have -
1x One Spot Foxace
2x Wyoming White Clowns
2x Royal Gramma
1x Yasha Goby
1x Longnose Hawk
1x Starry Blenny
2x Carpenters Flasher (I thought the first one had died, so I got another and he came out of hiding the next day....) Not sure if this will be a combo that will get along in the future.

Looking to add more fairy wrasses, maybe some anthias, a diamond goby in the near future.

So good so far :)

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish you would recommend?

I enjoyed my Lyretail Anthias.

Could go for a smaller tang...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Currently we have -
1x One Spot Foxace
2x Wyoming White Clowns
2x Royal Gramma
1x Yasha Goby
1x Longnose Hawk
1x Starry Blenny

Ignore this - I didn’t realise you had replied previously :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Currently we have -
1x One Spot Foxace
2x Wyoming White Clowns
2x Royal Gramma
1x Yasha Goby
1x Longnose Hawk
1x Starry Blenny

You will want to rehome one of the two Carpenter Flashers, these will not get along long term.
In terms of adding a Diamond Goby, seeing you have the yasha already I would not add the Diamond. The diamond will likely get too boisterous for the yasha goby.

In terms of Fairies, there’s a whole bunch of them that would work in this tank :)
A starting list of ones I like would be;
Cirrhilabrus lubbocki
Cirrhilabrus shutmani
Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis
Cirrhilabrus isosceles
Cirrhilabrus lunatus
Cirrhilabrus rubeus
Cirrhilabrus naokoae
Cirrhilabrus efatensis
Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus
Cirrhilabrus nahackyi
Cirrhilabrus earlei
Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
Cirrhilabrus finifenmaa
Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis

OP
OP
reaper93

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will want to rehome one of the two Carpenter Flashers, these will not get along long term.
In terms of adding a Diamond Goby, seeing you have the yasha already I would not add the Diamond. The diamond will likely get too boisterous for the yasha goby.

In terms of Fairies, there’s a whole bunch of them that would work in this tank :)
A starting list of ones I like would be;
Cirrhilabrus lubbocki
Cirrhilabrus shutmani
Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis
Cirrhilabrus isosceles
Cirrhilabrus lunatus
Cirrhilabrus rubeus
Cirrhilabrus naokoae
Cirrhilabrus efatensis
Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus
Cirrhilabrus nahackyi
Cirrhilabrus earlei
Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
Cirrhilabrus finifenmaa
Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis

How would I go about catching one? They are able to get into small crevices in the rock really easily!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I go about catching one? They are able to get into small crevices in the rock really easily!
If they feed readily, I usually use the food and put it into the net then it’s a waiting game.
The other way is a fish trap, which is the more effective way.

Then once rehomed I would add another flasher of a different species such as Paracheilinus cyaneus.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back