125 Gallon LED recommendations

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to convert my 125 into a full on mixed reef tank. Wondering what lighting would be a good fit for the depth. Tank is 6 ft x 18" x 22". I use primes on my smaller tanks but not sure hydra can handle the depth or if there are better/cheaper optiona.

joshrohrer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is a 125...there brand new to the mrket only a few months old i do believe..but check out smart farm led lights on amazon..i think i payed 115 a piece for them..i use three on my tank and i couldnt be happier..there all synced together so if you change one you change them all..very nice lights excellent color..theres also a thread on here of people talking about them..far as i know its just me and like 2 or three other guys on here that have them lol..myself and the other guys compare them and would put them against any other high end late any day honestly.i copied the link below

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is a 125...there brand new to the mrket only a few months old i do believe..but check out smart farm led lights on amazon..i think i payed 115 a piece for them..i use three on my tank and i couldnt be happier..there all synced together so if you change one you change them all..very nice lights excellent color..theres also a thread on here of people talking about them..far as i know its just me and like 2 or three other guys on here that have them lol..myself and the other guys compare them and would put them against any other high end late any day honestly.i copied the link below

Thats an insane good price too @.@ after paying $600 for 2 ai primes these would be great. They work for sps and lps too?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends entirely on the kind of actual coverage you need and your budget. You could get away with as little as a few hundred and as much has 5 grand or more depending on your goals

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....but check out smart farm led lights on amazon...

I am researching lights right now for my cube. Those light look like they "Disco"

One of the videos ( I think it was a reefbuilders video) or things I read. Explained it to me with an example:

of going outside and in this case having 24 different beams slicing across you skin as they are not defused placed so close to the water like some of the more expensive light are. This can be "fixed" by raising up the light from the water surface depending on the less expensive lights, some times as high as 20+ inches.

disco.jpg

2021-09-10 05_01_09-Amazon.com_ SMATFARM LED Aquarium Light - Coral Reef Light Dimmable A95Wat...png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 300 watt Viparspectra lights over my tank and so far I've been happy with them. Although to be fair I'm considering switching to the new Noopsyche lights for my tank.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am researching lights right now for my cube. Those light look like they "Disco"

One of the videos ( I think it was a reefbuilders video) or things I read. Explained it to me with an example:

of going outside and in this case having 24 different beams slicing across you skin as they are not defused placed so close to the water like some of the more expensive light are. This can be "fixed" by raising up the light from the water surface depending on the less expensive lights, some times as high as 20+ inches.

disco.jpg

2021-09-10 05_01_09-Amazon.com_ SMATFARM LED Aquarium Light - Coral Reef Light Dimmable A95Wat...png
Yeah one of the most recent reviews said it doesnt disco and is closer to kessel design on a fluval 13.5 g hard to say since personally dont have them xD only the primes

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 300 watt Viparspectra lights over my tank and so far I've been happy with them. Although to be fair I'm considering switching to the new Noopsyche lights for my tank.
I was looking at those but they were sold out entirely @.@

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The noopsyches, was gonna go for 2-3 18inch
If you are referring to the Noopsyche K7 Pro ii, then I believe they've stopped selling them because they've recently released released K7 Pro 3. There have been two websites that I've seen in threads that have the K7 Pro 3 in stock. One is an American distributor and the other is directly from China. The one from China has a sale going until the end of the month to save 40%. The website seems a little sketchy, and honestly I probably wouldn't have been willing to order from it if not for it being linked by what seems to be an official Noopsyche account on here. You can pay with PayPal so ultimately the purchase should be safe. I'm also sure shipping will take a long time.
With the sale price it makes the Noopsyche K7 Pro 3 $150 each for just the light, which is why I'm considering "upgrading", I'm just not sure how much of an upgrade it is. I can find the threads that link the websites if you'd like.
Also, if I were to get Viparspectras again I'd probably go for 3 of the 165watt lights, so they can hang over each section of my 125g, may not matter in your case depending on if your tank is the traditional rimmed tank with 2 braces on top.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back