13.5 evo build

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up an evo 13.5 for my QT so definitely following along. I'm trying to keep it stock for a while, till it becomes my 2nd nano.

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up an evo 13.5 for my QT so definitely following along. I'm trying to keep it stock for a while, till it becomes my 2nd nano.
Still look into the intank media like everyone has said the stock one just holds all the nasty

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still look into the intank media like everyone has said the stock one just holds all the nasty
I'd love to, I have one in my 20, but I've blown my budget by so much already......maybe I can find a 3-d printer version and do that.

I have a bag of rubble and bio media with filter floss on top in chamber 1 right now. Hopefully going wet today or tomorrow.

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water has been looking great!!

Did water tests today

Temp 76.5
SG 1.025
Nitrates 20 ppm
PH 8.5
Alk 7.6 (dosed a little baking soda, trying to keep at close to 8 for now)

scrubbed rocks last night and tonight to brush off the ugly stage and changed filter floss( will be doing this everyday until it doesnt need to be)

so far everything is looking good!=]

This mushroom really stretches out!! Im hoping thats a good sign?
83CDAEF8-DE5E-4E37-93B5-80F334186C6E.jpeg
59D2E0F1-C5D3-44BC-BCE1-84C5416E7BF4.jpeg
9A9A961A-F0DE-4DA1-9AF6-03CE755C4EBD.jpeg
86C00F85-0E38-4076-BCBD-8993C9C52C23.jpeg
image.jpg

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gotta take it slow and steady no more corals for a few weeks i really want a frog spawn and a hammer coral for my next ones

want to see how the tank does first though
That's the hardest part for me right now, waiting lol. I'm about to put water in my QT and will be ordering my fish soon, finally.

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the hardest part for me right now, waiting lol. I'm about to put water in my QT and will be ordering my fish soon, finally.
I also want a minimax anemone seen it on some one elses thread they look awesome just dont know how mature the tank needs to be for them

namfuak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is most everyone running nutrient removers in the Evo? I must have too much coral and not enough of a bioload. I have never used any and have needed to dose both nitrate and phosphate.

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is most everyone running nutrient removers in the Evo? I must have too much coral and not enough of a bioload. I have never used any and have needed to dose both nitrate and phosphate.
Well thats good how did you get to that point do anything special?

namfuak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are running a nutrient remover thats what the macro algae does

nice tank by the way

might have to copy that

Thank you!

Oh, no doubt the macro is definitely a huge contributor. I only had the refugium running for a few days, so it's just the macro in the DT.

I had really let it grow and my nutrients really started to bottom out. I think it's worth it and the dragon's breath really pops.

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

Oh, no doubt the macro is definitely a huge contributor. I only had the refugium running for a few days, so it's just the macro in the DT.

I had really let it grow and my nutrients really started to bottom out. I think it's worth it and the dragon's breath really pops.
Im worried about putting more coral in you popped a lot in pretty fast im trying to do like 2 Or 3 frags at a time being this is my first tank

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today i went to the LFS to get two hermit crabs and two clown fish

i didnt want to get anymore coral ( was trying to wait another week or so to see how everything was doing)and i kept looking at this one and i couldnt resist!!

Same person sold me the blasto and asked how it was doing told them fine and they assured me id be ok cause they know the process i been going through

little fuy looks happy so far
9F150E16-CE16-4602-99FC-1F31E8A97846.jpeg

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a salifert nitrate test kit because the api one was always coming up 20ppm

It came today so i tested both
API was 20ppm
Salifert came up 5ppm

tanks looking good mushrooms are really stretching out and no algae issues

Just wondering if anyone has had the same test differences and maybe which one is more reliable(much more steps to do with API may cause more human error?)

OP
OP
lazy josh

lazy josh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my weekly water change and everything is looking good!!

My little bloom of diatoms is going away it was never really bad just brushing rocks with a toothbrush and changing filter floss every couple days has really helped.

Going to try and get another couple corals next weekend since everything is doing well

Maybe get a acan and i cant decide between chalice or cyphastrea anyone have any info or help me decide would be helpful. I dont know much about either. I have been researching but personal experience would help also!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back