130ish gallon

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still not 100% on the dimensions but it’s looking to be a 36x30x24. Drilled for 3 - 1” drains and 2 - 3/4” returns. I’d like a coast to coast overflow due to issues with my 375g where if the return flow was up too high I could see the euro bracing. So it either going to be a larger center overflow or a whole coast to coast.
Equipment:
Lighting- 2 kessil 360x with aquatic life hybrid once they release the new version.
H380 for fuge

Flow- 2 mp40 for now while probably adding 2 more when the corals start growing out more.
2 varios-6 return pumps

Sump- custom made for a large refugium along with either the reef octopus elite 150int or possible regal line. Phosban and carbon reactors will also go in the return chamber with maxi jets for pumps.

Controller- Apex but I’ll probably be running the ghl 4 channel for dosing triton.

My 100+ lbs of dry rock is currently cycling in my garage and I went with 60 lbs of tropic eden reefflakes.

And for those wondering my 375g stayed in my house as it was in wall. The owners tick with it for a little while then sold it and it currently resides up in Austin.

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ve learned from my past experiences that even though I’ve always loved lps that I need to be prepared to have the option to add sps as I will eventually have some.

Also I’m excited to try out the random flow generators. I liked the idea of other options but don’t like the potential for failure on them. I guess time will tell if these work.

OP
OP
kkiel02

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this got scrapped by the wife. Starting a new thread in the cube section... lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back