15$ torch? Coral ID

2manyideas

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2021
Messages
165
Reaction score
139
Location
Nampa
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like some help identifying this coral. To me it looks like a very small torch. Picked it up at the lfs. Price said $15 but I scored it for $10. As you can see my urchin has picked it and a monti cap up. Little bugger

image.jpg
 
Doesn't look like a Cris tata. Could be indo bright tip purple torch
Just left the house for dinner. I’ll have to see if I can get a top pic. Out of curiosity, what are you looking for in the top pic? Maybe I can tell you?
 
Here are some more pictures
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 175
If it’s got the bright green stripes and mouth and matches the tips it should be similar to mine which I got from ASD and they called it there “black light torch” sorry for the bad pictures it’s in a weird spot in the tank hard to zoom
Very good looking torch and grows very fast score bro!
 

Attachments

  • 6C2E7341-D64A-423E-9381-302E0C8E4BF2.png
    6C2E7341-D64A-423E-9381-302E0C8E4BF2.png
    845.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 9567B968-54B0-4BA0-B7B1-439906F7FF85.png
    9567B968-54B0-4BA0-B7B1-439906F7FF85.png
    954 KB · Views: 108
  • C55C3968-C144-465A-94C4-79A6C552D528.png
    C55C3968-C144-465A-94C4-79A6C552D528.png
    847.9 KB · Views: 141
If it’s got the bright green stripes and mouth and matches the tips it should be similar to mine which I got from ASD and they called it there “black light torch” sorry for the bad pictures it’s in a weird spot in the tank hard to zoom
Very good looking torch and grows very fast score bro!
Oh wow! It looks very close to the last picture! I know they are the same coral but the lighting and every really lets you see the resemblance.
 
I just can't see the septa to make it a galaxy. It would need the fully retract. I would not ask it to be stressed to that point.
Would a galaxia grow in tube like structures like that? The formation of it led me to believe it was a torch
 
Anyhow, get that guy glued down. So it can grow and be an eye stopper!
I want to glue it down tomorrow. Between my urchin and two eels, if a frag isn’t glued down it migrates pretty quickly. Part of why I wanted an ID is so I could figure out placement
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new