150 complete tear down

Bparrott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need any opinions and tips on the what to watch for during the process as well as types of silicone. Tank is a bottom drilled typical dimensions with corner overflow. I planned to just reseal but the previous owner started the process then abandoned. So I think it’s best to completely tear apart and rebuild. With that said, would ge silicone 1 be sufficient for the structural seam as well as inside seal? Bought the tank for very cheap so I don’t want to spend 200$ on silicone. Thanks in advanced

Also I did not get the bottom trim with the tank. Should I place something between the tank and stand, if so what would be the best.

11419A73-ACFA-4E5F-AB68-0310B91EA5FF.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Using sharp razor blades, cut the scrape away all silicone completely and dhave away any residual silicone and then clean with alcohol. Do not dry with any rags that will leave lint.
Appky a generous and even bead of aquarium sealant such as aqueon sealant and smooth out with a wet finger or popsicle stick.
Allow to dry a full 24 -36 hours and water test with freshwater allowing to sit at least 24 hrs and check for any leaks

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back