16" Shadow overflow: Lid salt creep

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why I’m reminding again but you guys really need to stop. This has gone on long enough and repeated attempts from mods have been blatantly ignored. If you’re not helping with an issue please do not post. Also if any more personal attacks are found further action will be taken.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was synergy, I would have bought it back and apologized for falsely advertising its specs and calling me names in the forums and on email.

But you do you

Ditto

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you have to have something to complain about. It would just be nice if you did it in private instead of make others join you in your misery. If I was synergy, I would buy it back just to get you to quit whining.
Thing with that is if synergy bought back all the ones people are complaining about they would loose a lot of money prolly can’t afford it

The only person I would sell it to is synergy as I’m not putting my name on that trash

Shoot if mixer bought mine back I would never say anything ever again but he can’t do that then he would have to admit he was wrong and that just isn’t his style he likes blaming everyone else

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why I’m reminding again but you guys really need to stop. This has gone on long enough and repeated attempts from mods have been blatantly ignored. If you’re not helping with an issue please do not post. Also if any more personal attacks are found further action will be taken.

Fair enough, and you’ll see from my correspondence with the mods that I explained my position and detailed my feelings on the matter. Then I left the thread.

Only to find that Engloid apparently chose to ignore whatever was said to him by a mod (if a mod actually engaged with him, that is) and he continued to throw personal insults at several of ‘us’ right here in this thread.

I understand the need to mod posts, and accept that. I don’t however think it’s fair when other people choose to ignore those PMs and are allowed to continue the behavior.

Anyway, I’m out. I won’t be coming back to this thread. I value the majority of the R2R community too much, and enjoy my interactions on my build thread to risk losing access due to some random argumentative and rude fan boy.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough, and you’ll see from my correspondence with the mods that I explained my position and detailed my feelings on the matter. Then I left the thread.

Only to find that Engloid apparently chose to ignore whatever was said to him by a mod (if a mod actually engaged with him, that is) and he continued to throw personal insults at several of ‘us’ right here in this thread.

I understand the need to mod posts, and accept that. I don’t however think it’s fair when other people choose to ignore those PMs and are allowed to continue the behavior.

Anyway, I’m out. I won’t be coming back to this thread. I value the majority of the R2R community too much, and enjoy my interactions on my build thread to risk losing access due to some random argumentative and rude fan boy.
Then report the post. The continued ignoring of mods and rule breaking is getting to be ridiculous.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am enjoying the super bowl, in the same room with a silent shadow overflow, running about 850gph. Im glad I was able to plumb it well. Busy doing me... haha

This is exactly what this box is capable of.. The Synergy reef shadow over flow box is ok up to about 800 gph . This is why you are not in the "This box does not work for me Category " This is also why not everyone is having issues with the Over flow box . On my Box it does not say works for 800 GPH Quit and Safe.. It says 2500gph ( I said 3000 earlier) I think that is what was said in there video but my mistake.. They compared the over flow box to me using cars and speed limit..Told me that just because it can handle 2500 gph does not mean they Recommend you running that much thru it...

With all of this above.. What is the Sweet spot flow rate for this box . It does not say on the box, in the instructions.. only number is 2500 gph... 2k is about the max safe level. but i feel it can handle 3k Not Safely , Not Reliably AND Most for sure not without salt Creep and Noise...

I am going to keep pointing this out until people get it.. this is a over flow box for small tanks that need 700 ish flow...
A online supplier lost my business over them recommending this box to me . Even after i Questioned them about its size.No I am not complaining just stating Facts known from My Testing..

Thank you for reading again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back