180g ClownFish Harem Tank Build

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your parameters looking? Also, have you been feeding the nems?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was C-Sea? Looks like you are off to a good start.

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was C-Sea? Looks like you are off to a good start.

Well... good and bad..

Good: Got 3 new rainbow bta's... 2 3-4" range.. 3rd "suppose" to be 12"

Bad: The Vendor I bought them from via FB messenger, on 10/23 stated he would sell me a 12" rainbow bta. So i when I go to the show 10/28, I pay the vendor, asked him a question about my own bta that split, he goes on to say "the big one you bought just split 2 days ago." With the wife out in the car waiting I left and it didn't register what he told me. On the way home it 'clicked' I just paid $120 for a split rainbow bta that was suppose to be 12". So i get home and notices it wasn't healed yet, and had no mouth and I am trying to acclimated it to a new tank? So I message the guy back, and ask why I still paid his full price? were is the clone, it should be mine or send me some money back? The vendor then says we don't cut or force split bta ( which I said that isn't the issue, why i have to pay full price if it split, it isnt 12" anymore) he says: it only split off a 1" clone, you got the best one at the show, I was offered $300 from a number of vendors during setup!!! That was the end of the conversation.

Vendor's Name: "Mythic Reef" Out of the harrisburg, pa area.

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your parameters looking? Also, have you been feeding the nems?

Parameters are fine:

sal = 1.026
Nitrates = 0
phosphates = 0
ph = 8.0

I run a reef octopus 150int and a 12" x 10" split screen algae scrubber to export them!!

I feed them about every other week.. chop up some small raw shrimp from grocery store.

Last edited:

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... good and bad..

Good: Got 3 new rainbow bta's... 2 3-4" range.. 3rd "suppose" to be 12"

Bad: The Vendor I bought them from via FB messenger, on 10/23 stated he would sell me a 12" rainbow bta. So i when I go to the show 10/28, I pay the vendor, asked him a question about my own bta that split, he goes on to say "the big one you bought just split 2 days ago." With the wife out in the car waiting I left and it didn't register what he told me. On the way home it 'clicked' I just paid $120 for a split rainbow bta that was suppose to be 12". So i get home and notices it wasn't healed yet, and had no mouth and I am trying to acclimated it to a new tank? So I message the guy back, and ask why I still paid his full price? were is the clone, it should be mine or send me some money back? The vendor then says we don't cut or force split bta ( which I said that isn't the issue, why i have to pay full price if it split, it isnt 12" anymore) he says: it only split off a 1" clone, you got the best one at the show, I was offered $300 from a number of vendors during setup!!! That was the end of the conversation.

Vendor's Name: "Mythic Reef" Out of the harrisburg, pa area.

The "Large" rainbow new you bought has no mouth?

I would be upset as well.

Were these the ones posted up on referred for like $30 or $40?

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the Mythic Reef problems. Saw your post in the CSB nem group on FB. There's always a few vendors out there that are like that. It's tough! I bet they deal with a lot of customers who are challenging and that has gotten to him, but at the same time, that comes with running a business. So no excuses! Anyway, hope the nem makes it without a mouth. I don't even know how that's possible? Will it grow a new one?

Joshua Warne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... im normally against that I rather they split natural.. and I dont think i could even get them off the rocks if I tried with their foots deep in cracks of the rocks.. lol
It could save you some money in the long run. Tank is looking great btw!

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do u do water changes and what’s your sump setup and reactors

Well.. I must say I probably do 1 water change every 2 months (change out 50g of 300g of water). There is no fish to poop in the water + running a algae scrubber. No reactors.. just a big sump for more water volume to keep parameters to in check. I'm running a 125g sump under the display tank:

ATS v3.2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the current weekly update:
- Corrected my lighting issue
- Friend had a over run of rock flower nems.. we were able to get 2 outta 7 of his rocks
- For some new color add a yellow (yes his whole body and disc is yellow) carnation/sabae anemone
- Corrected my flow issues new smaller powerheads (no more gail force water ripping thru tank)

rock.jpg

yellow.jpg

Here is what I clean off my algae scrubber every 10 days, I run a split 10" X 12" dual sided screen with 2 36w grow lights one on each side.

algae 1.jpg

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, nice to see you having success keeping it simple. Can we get a few more pics of the yellow nem?

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to seeing the clowns.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread! I love the Picasso clowns, I wanted some myself ( Since I am an artist I thought it fitting LOL) Have just regular false percs though and they are wonderful little guys. Love the variation of nems. Beautiful tank!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back