180g ClownFish Harem Tank Build

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well.. little update.. everyone healthy about 4 out of 13 are still walking. Next weekend hopefully gonna add 12 rainbow bta's min. Then in 2 week 40 lightening clowns!! Getting closer to the harem in full go!
Can’t wait to see this.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well.. little update.. everyone healthy about 4 out of 13 are still walking. Next weekend hopefully gonna add 12 rainbow bta's min. Then in 2 week 40 lightening clowns!! Getting closer to the harem in full go!

Seriously I need images, TIA. :)

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok little video update... sorry for the attinic explosion. Trying to show all the different color of BTA's. So I have 3 sunburst, 1 true rose, 1 neon green, and looks like 8 regular green. Check out the side of the gbta on the back left rock wall!

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok finally made a decision, here is what clownfish species I decided.. piscasso perc's!!

grade b piscasso.jpeg

Going with 50 of them in my 180g!

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally I have my first split!!! 1 of my rbta split, thought it just moved at first then while looking for my new anemone crabs I seen the clone!!
Grand total is now: 5 rbta's, 1 neon bta, 8 gbta!!! 14 total now... I a side note, the saddle carpet I ordered at the LFS, her supplier forgot to ship it. So I will wait till next week to get a true carpet s.gig!!

split1.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua Warne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not split the ones you have currently, let them heal and toss them on your rockwork. Will save loads of money, unless you're already doing that.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can cut them in 1/2 as that’s what there naturally doing ripping apart a clone. But that looks like a quad color BTA the green oral disk up 2 oramge tips and 2 color mix’s between so called quads. Rainbows are rare and some company’s call quads rainbows. This is a rainbow so u know and don’t get run around.

28ACCD68-5D48-4A05-A093-F772392A239A.png

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not split the ones you have currently, let them heal and toss them on your rockwork. Will save loads of money, unless you're already doing that.

Well... im normally against that I rather they split natural.. and I dont think i could even get them off the rocks if I tried with their foots deep in cracks of the rocks.. lol

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update.. finally got 1 of the 2 gbta off the rock wall... found a nice little crevas to drop his green butt in.. been there for 3 days now. Added a few anemone crabs, one found a buddy... one is a loner... haha

timrocks311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool tank. I'm looking forward to seeing more of then when you get your fish. This will be impressive when the anemones grow and fill out the tank.

OP
OP
zagviper71

zagviper71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for another update!! Added more rainbow BTA's yesterday, bringing the total count to 17 BTA's in my tank. 2 of the rainbows are 3-4" range, and the 3rd is suppose to be around the 12" size!! All 3 still haven't fully inflated yet and probably be a few days to getting acclimated to their new home. Also, my clone from my split last week finally came out of hiding to sit next to mom!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

• Other.

Back