2 Days in shipping... Does it work?

dubge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it just depends on the corals, I shipped a fish one time from Ma to NJ, the guy wanted it for Sat delivery, well the package got lost and didnt arrive on Sat and Mon was the 4th of July so he didnt get the box until Tue and the fish (rabbit fish) was stressed but lived. I also had some rics shipped to me 2 day, they arrive today so we will see how it goes.

A lot of corals that are trans shipped from over sea take about 2 days also, The trans ship companies are supposed to re-bag and add oxygen but someone (fish store owner) told me they dont and just charge you for it and he always ask for them NOT to do it, his store had a very high survival rate as well

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been interested to try shipping softies via flat rate.

If anyone wants a free box of cruddy softies, let me know, and we will test this out.

Old thread I know but,

I volunteer as tribute! Lol. I live out in the boonies and was thinking of trying to convince people to mail me their throw away corals (Kenya tree, xenia, blue clove, ?) in a flat rate box. I would even be willing to try shipping them like aquatic plants. Wrapped in a wet paper towel in a ziplock bag, in a bubble mailer. I would pay shipping and if they don’t live I wouldn’t hold it against you.

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't risk the 2 day shipping on anything coral/fish related. Just really play roulette imo. I'm sure it's possible for some to survive but really stressful and pushing it.

I had a zoa shipment delayed a day one time. 2 days in total. When arrived the water was completely brown, almost couldn't see the coral. About 1/3 or the colony had died but the rest recovered over the next few weeks. Just really not optimal shipping if you can prevent it, im suprised it made it in that water. No good.
This was from LA too so quality was on point. Had heater bags, altho they were cold, as it was April in the Appalachians.

Last edited:

1Der9_3hy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when Hawaii was open to collection (5 years ago) I used to get Z's and P's via fedex two day. I had several shipments, only one coral had a problem. The time in the box was usually over 48 hours...close to 60 hours. The Zs and Ps handle that no problem and would be 100% and open the next day in the tank.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
old post I know but I had a coral shipment delayed or lost for 2 day arrived on 3rd day, UPS fault and I had about 20 corals. all survived but one and I think it was a shroom that died! I could have got a refund and told them they all died! haha

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back