2 diamond gobies in the same tank

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if I had a bigger tank, I might try them again. But I had way too many corals on the sand bed. I couldn't stand the constant excavating, so i had to evict them...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a 65g
they get along pretty good, almost immediately, but now the tank bottom looks like a quarry. imma give it a few days for things to cool down before i fix things. if bob the builder had a brother...
This is why I recommend people shouldn’t keep them without 3-5 inch deep sandbeds haha.
I also recommend 3-5 inch sandbeds for these due to how much microfauna they go through, the deeper sand bed will create a nice area where the goby is less likely to go and the fauna can repopulate and not be wiped out by a goby.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they’re known for making their own “under construction site” they are hard workers and you will never have to deal with cleaning the sandbed which to me it’s worth it all around. Just can’t place corals on the lower third of the tank or they will get buried alive :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Attachments

• 3D7397AB-BAB4-46CE-84EA-F52A8C695D80.jpeg
    3D7397AB-BAB4-46CE-84EA-F52A8C695D80.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 19

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really are one of the most purpose driven species you can get. They have a job, they do the job, they dont stop doing the job, and do the job too well sometimes. And they get along with most fish aside from another goby. And the nice clean sand bed takes nice pictures and saves me time. Although I have heard from some folks they have an issue getting them to eat frozen food or pellets, but mine would outcompete everything in the tank if he had the chance.

IMG_2897.jpg

Back