2 tangs in a 90?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zbutcher
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
yes, hippo and bristletooth
 
My 10 year old hippo is about 5.5" long, as is my bristletooth. Certainly not too big for a 4' 90g tank
 
I have to hope they meant a Caribbean blue tang because the thought of a foot-long hippo swimming back and forth in a 4’ tank for that long is kind of heartbreaking.
I'm interested to see anyone with a 12" hippo tang. I've been in this hobby over 25 years and have never seen one larger than maybe 8"
 
I'm interested to see anyone with a 12" hippo tang. I've been in this hobby over 25 years and have never seen one larger than maybe 8"
No kidding eh? Yeah I'm looking to start a new aquarium myself and not sure if I should go with the 5 ft or 4 ft aquarium from red sea. It will house a purple tang and a white tailed bristletooth and not much more than that. It's mainly going to be for coral growing. The main thing with the 5 ft is I'm worried about my floor joists holding it and space to keep the tank. Ideally a 4 ft tank fits in my office atm but idk if my purple tang would be okay in there that I get
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new