20 long build thread (keeping it simple then pulling out all the stops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so the last thread I made was getting derailed and I believe it’s going to be too hard to fix. So I will just make a new one. So I plan on getting a 20 long, 1st I am going to use my 75 gallon rated hob alongside a maxi jet 400 for a ideal level of flow. This won’t be permanent becsuse eventually I will diy a sump with a algae scrubber and a display. I plan to put egg crate, sponge, floss and carbon in the filter. The egg crate will serve as a scrubber for the beginning. I am going to use a t5ho sun blaster light with diy reflectors which will be upgraded to double lights double reflectors or a China black box. I am going to use 20 lbs Fiji pink live sand 25 lbs aquaculture special from salty bottom reef then I am going to use a ro buddy rodi system and instant ocean for water changes (25% biweekly) I am going to dose phytoplankton and coral food and for testing I’m gonna get the salifert nitrate and ammonia tests. For stocking I am going to go with a pygmy filefish or some mid dweller, a pair of skunk clowns, a jawfish then a pair of small gobies and a pistol shrimp. Corals will mostly be softies and gorgs with a emphasis on macroalgae and mangroves too.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please use your other thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back