20 long build thread (keeping it simple then pulling out all the stops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2020
Messages
3,481
Reaction score
1,742
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so the last thread I made was getting derailed and I believe it’s going to be too hard to fix. So I will just make a new one. So I plan on getting a 20 long, 1st I am going to use my 75 gallon rated hob alongside a maxi jet 400 for a ideal level of flow. This won’t be permanent becsuse eventually I will diy a sump with a algae scrubber and a display. I plan to put egg crate, sponge, floss and carbon in the filter. The egg crate will serve as a scrubber for the beginning. I am going to use a t5ho sun blaster light with diy reflectors which will be upgraded to double lights double reflectors or a China black box. I am going to use 20 lbs Fiji pink live sand 25 lbs aquaculture special from salty bottom reef then I am going to use a ro buddy rodi system and instant ocean for water changes (25% biweekly) I am going to dose phytoplankton and coral food and for testing I’m gonna get the salifert nitrate and ammonia tests. For stocking I am going to go with a pygmy filefish or some mid dweller, a pair of skunk clowns, a jawfish then a pair of small gobies and a pistol shrimp. Corals will mostly be softies and gorgs with a emphasis on macroalgae and mangroves too.
 
Please use your other thread. Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new