210 gal Predator Tank

maitzaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on a 210 predatory fish build and my potential interest in fish to put in there are the following.

Wrasse
- Bird wrasse
Queen Angel Fish
Triggers

-Picasso
-clown
Harlequin Tusk
Groupers

-Panther
-Miniatus

and possibly a parrot fish.

is the number of fish ok? Should I put in certain fish before others and are there any fish listed here you think won't be compatible with each other let me know, please.

Last edited:

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got room, but I would rethink the queen angel and the panther grouper. The queen angel will need a larger tank, they will likely be too aggressive for a 210g. The panther grouper is just a really super large fish, while he could be happy in a 210g because they do hover and calmly cruise around, they will take up a tremendous amount of real estate.

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on a 210 predatory fish build and my potential interest in fish to put in there are the following.

Wrasse
- Bird wrasse
Queen Angel Fish
Triggers

-Picasso
-clown
Harlequin Tusk
Groupers

-Panther
-Miniatus

and possibly a parrot fish.

is the number of fish ok? Should I put in certain fish before others and are there any fish listed here you think won't be compatible with each other let me know, please.
what kind of clown because if its a smaller one it will most likely be eaten by the tusk. But if its something like a maroon you should be fine. Also make sure you do research on who to add first so you can avoid territory battles

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would switch out the queen angel for a smaller Pomacanthus, like emperor maybe.

Clown triggers get really big and can get really nasty when they reach a certain size. I know they look awesome. I actually don't even see public aquariums keep them. Niger or any of the Xanthichthys would be the *best choice.

Panther groupers can get well over two feet.

what kind of clown because if its a smaller one it will most likely be eaten by the tusk.
Clown trigger

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would switch out the queen angel for a smaller Pomacanthus, like emperor maybe.

Clown triggers get really big and can get really nasty when they reach a certain size. I know they look awesome. I actually don't even see public aquariums keep them. Niger or any of the Xanthichthys would be the *best choice.

Clown trigger
Ohhh I did not read that properly, my apologies

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clown trigger

The clown trigger is very misunderstood, when purchased at a very small size and tank raised, they have a much different disposition. If you purchase a large one then bets are the aggression will require a much larger tank. They do grow slowly and get stuck in the 7-9" for years. I personally introduced a group of clown triggers in a 10k aquarium, and 10 years later they were barely reaching 10". The 18" max size listed is just that, max size, the common size is much smaller; and captive raised size even smaller.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown trigger is very misunderstood, when purchased at a very small size and tank raised, they have a much different disposition. If you purchase a large one then bets are the aggression will require a much larger tank. They do grow slowly and get stuck in the 7-9" for years. I personally introduced a group of clown triggers in a 10k aquarium, and 10 years later they were barely reaching 10". The 18" max size listed is just that, max size, the common size is much smaller; and captive raised size even smaller.
I have seen a couple big psychos in tanks. I have not raised one from the tiny <2" ones to an adult. It could be larger caught ones are worse.

In your experience, they don't flip a switch when they reach adulthood like some other triggers?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a couple big psychos in tanks. I have not raised one from the tiny <2" ones to an adult. It could be larger caught ones are worse.

In your experience, they don't flip a switch when they reach adulthood like some other triggers?

Their attitude does change when they mature, 5"-6" they are definitely going to have more attitude. With this said if they are in larger tanks with other aggressive fish, lightly stocked, you'll likely have a positive experience. The problem is people will keep them in a 180/210g( and yeah even smaller) with 10 other fish, some smaller and not that aggressive. That scenario will end badly. This OP has listed out a very lightly stocked tank. If he raised a small clown trigger and kept the tank lightly stocked with other aggressive fish, it will be 10 years before he'll need to be concerned. And most people will never even keep fish that long.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back