OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is up to 1.50ppm to address the velvet issue in the Female Bellus. I'm still concerned it hasn't eaten yet since I brought it home (Saturday). Is this a lost cause?

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So either tonight or tomorrow I'll be hanging the new Giesemann Spectra above the tank. I got the metric fasteners I needed (machine thread --> wood thread), so all I need to do is drill them, screw the fixture into the studs, and install the ballasts.

The ballasts have had their wires stripped and braided. I still need to connect the ballast to the fixture which will only take a few minutes. It's happening!!

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update from the weekend. The Bellus is eating, so I'm weaning her onto more foods starting with a recommendation of Reef Caviar. She loves it! That said, I made a video covering the food I use and now own because of that dang fish...

Decat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed your videos and comments. I'm assuming your still in the Houston area? I am in Shepard Forest, if you would like to share stories and see each others tanks in person let me know. Awesome stuff so far. I battled with Ich, Velvet, and Flukes but since I followed HumbleFish's quarantine advice I have never had better success. Good luck.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoyed your videos and comments. I'm assuming your still in the Houston area? I am in Shepard Forest, if you would like to share stories and see each others tanks in person let me know. Awesome stuff so far. I battled with Ich, Velvet, and Flukes but since I followed HumbleFish's quarantine advice I have never had better success. Good luck.

Thanks bud! I'm within the beltway. Ocean Life and FJW are my stomping grounds!

I'm currently following HotRock's method with the 2 tanks. So far... so good!

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick rambling video about raising salinity. QT fish using @HotRocks method for the first time are looking top notch! Cheers bud!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back