OP
P

Pablo Tepoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My actual tank dimensions are 30"WX36"HX96"L, 6" fit inside the hood. So technically it should be 448,831169 gallons. I bought it as a 500 gallons tank, I didn't even bother to double checked the accuracy.

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Pablo, I have a mix of NLS Thera A, NLS Algae Max and Vitalis marine. My wrasses love this mix but my bangaii cardinals reject it. What would you recommend to get fish eating pellets?

I’ve tried soaking in garlic but made no difference.

OP
OP
P

Pablo Tepoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Pablo, I have a mix of NLS Thera A, NLS Algae Max and Vitalis marine. My wrasses love this mix but my bangaii cardinals reject it. What would you recommend to get fish eating pellets?

I’ve tried soaking in garlic but made no difference.

There are some fish that simply refused to eat any commercially prepared dried food. Banggai cardinal is one of them. In the past, I have trained lionfish, eels, grouper...etc. to eat NLS, but it takes too much effort. Now a days, I do not keep fish that are obligatory predators or coral eating fish. I made an informercial video 18 years ago about our food, in the video you can see lion fish chowed down on NLS. Just in case if you like to watch it, here is the link:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moorish Idols are one of the coolest specimen of fish to keep in a very large system. Awesome to know NLS is the actual food to feed these guys!!

Keep up the excellent work Pablo!! ;) . ;Woot

n21benson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pablo, what size NLS pellets do you feed the moorish idols? And which variety of pellets? I'm planning on getting a moorish idol soon and would like to give it every opportunity to thrive.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Pablo. I like the fact that you found a no heat way to add Pro Biotics.
This should be a very good food, thanks for the work you put into this. :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, I've heard they do best in "larger" groups. Not so well in pairs.

OP
OP
P

Pablo Tepoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pablo, what size NLS pellets do you feed the moorish idols? And which variety of pellets? I'm planning on getting a moorish idol soon and would like to give it every opportunity to thrive.
This is an update on my moorish idols. I took this video tonight- Jan. 30, 2020. Any variety of NLS will do the job. The best pellet should be 1mm or 2mm.

OP
OP
P

Pablo Tepoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, most hobbyist don't know probiotic bacteria spore will not survive more than 60 degree celsius. All conventional fish food manufacturing required 100+ degree celsius and in the process all the bacteria are destroy. They might add probiotic prior to manufacturing, but at the end of the process 0% of Bactria survive.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first month the only thing mine would eat was NLS, was mixed with mysis for some other fish so it finally picked up on them as well.

OP
OP
P

Pablo Tepoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does it become a larger group? 5,7 higher???
Moorish idols are extremely aggressive toward their own kind. You are better off keeping one only. 2 or 3 will definitely ended up killing each other. 7 will definitely consider a large group.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that awesome video. I had an idol for a few years. One of my favorite fish for sure. Btw I feed your pellets every day! Thnx.

OP
OP
P

Pablo Tepoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first month the only thing mine would eat was NLS, was mixed with mysis for some other fish so it finally picked up on them as well.
you are better off feeding NLS only, since it is a very nutrient dense food. I am not trying to promote my food, I am just letting you know the facts based on my experience.

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I am hoping to have a Moorish idol in the future and this is quite inspirational. I use NLS daily and my fish love it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back