260 starfire custom build

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start this thread off by saying the hobbyist inside of me is STOKED!!! I have been working 60-80 hours a week at the shop for the past year. It feels great to finally be able to start working on the shops brand new custom LPS tank!

72"x32"x26" eurobraced, starfire with pvc bottom 260 gallon custom Planet Aquariums tank.
2" powder coated steel stand.
Foam and rock aquascaping
Custom acrylic sump/fuge
Apex controlled

Let the fun begin!!!

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is going to be sick. Went by the shop yesterday and saw the aquascape Bill's working on and it looks great. Bill, let me know if you need any help getting the tank on the stand.

OP
OP
CustomReefCreations

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I finally got the back and side painted black. We got the tank on the stand, and just like any other hobbyist, I already want to go bigger :)
Atleast the matching 260 starfire Rimless sps tank on the opposite side of the check out counter will be a show stopper! Haha, actually both tanks will be amazing.
I also started to build my rock structures.
I am thinking 3 center piece structures. They are going to be adhered using the foam and rock aquascaping technique. I think people are calling this look bonsai tree or something. I am simply using Fiji rock for the base and Totoka rock for the top branching overhangs. I am trying to create something totally gravity defying and right out of Dali's imagination. I am an avid diver so I know what I am creating is unnatural, but I intend to blow your minds!!! Haha
Pictures to follow. This thread will be picture Intensive. Also I will be doing a step by step on the foam and rock aquascaping.

OP
OP
CustomReefCreations

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I finally got the back and side painted black. We got the tank on the stand, and just like any other hobbyist, I already want to go bigger :)
Atleast the matching 260 starfire Rimless sps tank on the opposite side of the check out counter will be a show stopper! Haha, actually both tanks will be amazing.
I also started to build my rock structures.
I am thinking 3 center piece structures. They are going to be adhered using the foam and rock aquascaping technique. I think people are calling this look bonsai tree or something. I am simply using Fiji rock for the base and Totoka rock for the top branching overhangs. I am trying to create something totally gravity defying and right out of Dali's imagination. I am an avid diver so I know what I am creating is unnatural, but I intend to blow your minds!!! Haha
Pictures to follow. This thread will be picture Intensive. Also I will be doing a step by step on the foam and rock aquascaping.

Jason Austin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see some photographs of this bad boy! Never too late to swap out those t5s for 3 250w radiums! Lol.

That trigger come out?

OP
OP
CustomReefCreations

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded about 80 pics off of my phone yesterday of the tank build. They are all going to make it to this thread!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back