OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here it is a few hours later in the tank (with sand added, so water is a tad cloudy)
20200208_211605.jpg

20200208_211707.jpg

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That came out great!
Thank you for the compliment. Obviously the right side needs some more attention with the scape. Not sure what I will do yet. But definitely need to build it upwards so I can get more corals lol. Originally i was going to put all the zoa frags in my 10 gallon, but now I am thinking of splitting them either 4 here and 4 there, or 2 here and 6 there.

And then of course... more space... more fishies!!!! Not sure what to get though. Considering an assesor, but torn between a Randalls (blue is my favorite color) or a Yellow.

So at the moment. I just have my 2 clowns and a small sixline. How many more fish can I add?

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the compliment. Obviously the right side needs some more attention with the scape. Not sure what I will do yet. But definitely need to build it upwards so I can get more corals lol. Originally i was going to put all the zoa frags in my 10 gallon, but now I am thinking of splitting them either 4 here and 4 there, or 2 here and 6 there.

And then of course... more space... more fishies!!!! Not sure what to get though. Considering an assesor, but torn between a Randalls (blue is my favorite color) or a Yellow.

So at the moment. I just have my 2 clowns and a small sixline. How many more fish can I add?

Maybe some Tonga branch or other rock work where the low end starts near the bottom of the left arch and the high end fuses into the aio insert wall?

As for fish, I'd say 2 more should be good. I had 2 clowns, a six line and a tailspot blenny in a 20 long and everyone was happy. The assessor should be good to go and I'd personally add a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp, but that's because I like the symbiotic relationship. Just be aware that any coral frag plugs on the sandbed potentially can become building material and you might have to excavate lower laying corals on your rock work. My pistol buries one of my rock flower nems once or twice a week it seems lol

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe some Tonga branch or other rock work where the low end starts near the bottom of the left arch and the high end fuses into the aio insert wall?

As for fish, I'd say 2 more should be good. I had 2 clowns, a six line and a tailspot blenny in a 20 long and everyone was happy. The assessor should be good to go and I'd personally add a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp, but that's because I like the symbiotic relationship. Just be aware that any coral frag plugs on the sandbed potentially can become building material and you might have to excavate lower laying corals on your rock work. My pistol buries one of my rock flower nems once or twice a week it seems lol

I was actually thinking the same thing about making an arch somehow leading from the left arch and ending on the AIO. Glad to see I am not the only one thinking that would be cool. So definitely leaning even more towards that now.

I have thought about getting a goby and shrimp pair as well, just worried the spot the shrimp would like is that cave at the right end of the left arch. That is where my fire shrimp hangs out, so I was worried a war might start.

As for the frags on the bottom. The two Zoas are there on temporarily until I decide which zoas to keep in here and which to move to my 10 gallon. Once I decide, everything will end up getting glued down somewhere.

The other frags are all things I am probably going to trade in for some credit, because my Blue Effloutanaria keeps "fragging itself" lol

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
strawberry basslet

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Banggai cardinal? Tailspot blenny does have a lot of personality!

showmebutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're tank is looking really good! As far as how many fish, I plan on having 5 in my 29 - clown, cardinal, royal gramma, azure damsel and either a goby or a blenny. Five small fish seems to be pretty typical on many of the 29 gallon build threads here.

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... a tailspot blenny. Hadn't considered any blennies. But at the same time, I already have a lot of activity at the bottom of the tank from my snails, hermits, and conch, so I was really looking for more movement from the mid to top of the tank. Don't most blennies hang out at the bottom of a tank?

More to think about lol

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been looking the same AIO kit you used since I cant find a complete tank I like. Did you use the clamps to hold it in or silicone it? Is there enough room for a skimmer?

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been looking the same AIO kit you used since I cant find a complete tank I like. Did you use the clamps to hold it in or silicone it? Is there enough room for a skimmer?
Since this was an emergency build, the tank was of course already up and running by the time I got the kit in, so it is being held in place by clamps and magnets, and weighed down with rocks, although I might add some more rocks to further weigh it down.

The 29 gallon kit has two chambers, the overflow chamber and the return pump chamber. Staring with the 40 Breeder size Kit, it has three chambers.
Here are the measurements
Screenshot_20200216-192833_Samsung Internet.jpg

With mine, with the pump in there, I still have about 4.5 inches x 3 inches of space, so I could peobably fit a small one. I would have to move my heater though lol.

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So random update.

I am thinking of getting an ATO for this tank. Any recommendations for an ATO system?

Also, I got a 10 gallon Reef Cleaners package last week, and it came with way more Dwarf ceriths than it was suspposed to (site says it come with 10, I got close to 30). So I split it like 15 and 15 between my 10 gallon and this tank. So yay!! Accidental free (extra) CUC for the 29 gallon!!

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size do you recommend for the reservoir?

I use the 5 gallon Innovative Marine reservoir for my 40B and a 5 gallon bucket for my 20 long. I was using a 2.5 gallon cereal storage container on the 20, but it would only last for about 5 days before needing refilled

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. As mentioned in all my posts recently, I wanted to buy
A) a Kessil A360x
B) an ATO system
C) ATO reservoir.

I just ordered all three from BRS.
I got the A360x bundle with Gooseneck Mount and WiFi Dongle, a Tunze Osmolator 3152 Nano, and an Innovative Marine 5 Gallon ATO reservoir. They will be delivered 2/28, which thankfully will also be my first Friday off under our new work schedules at ... well.... work lol.

Whether or not I also have new frags coming in that day depends on if I manage to see and snag any I want this weekend during the WWC Live Sale. I WILL GET $5 FRAGS SOMEDAY!!!!

OP
OP
El_Guapo13

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time!! I got the A360X, IM 5 Gallon ATO Reservoir, and Tunze Osmolator 3152 Nano in. Got the A360X mounted and plugged in, but no idea what to set it to. Anyone have any setting suggestions for me to use?

I will wait until either tomorrow after work or Friday to setup the ATO.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back